UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Been following the forum for a while whilst waiting for delivery of my Duster. Collected it from the garage last night and generally really happy.

Like many others, I had been buying bits and pieces in advance to fit once the car was received. One of the things I purchased was the Dacia dog guard from Karl at SMC (among other bits and pieces, thanks Karl!).

Had a look at the instructions which came with it and not sure if I am missing something. It appears that a couple of the plastic panels have to be removed in order to drill holes (argh!) and then insert a small plate. The problem is that I cant find a way to easily remove the panels that I need to to get into the plastic sections on either side I need to drill. Bit scared I break the plastic clips that hold them in place.

I notice that the fitting instruction diagrams are labelled 1,3,4... with no diagram No.2. Is this the picture that shows you how to remove the panels? Any help/advice from someone who has already fitted the dog guard would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
See what you mean - no diagram 2...?

http://www.tech-accessoires.renault.com/download_doc/?document_id=3843

Hello,

Been following the forum for a while whilst waiting for delivery of my Duster. Collected it from the garage last night and generally really happy.

Like many others, I had been buying bits and pieces in advance to fit once the car was received. One of the things I purchased was the Dacia dog guard from Karl at SMC (among other bits and pieces, thanks Karl!).

Had a look at the instructions which came with it and not sure if I am missing something. It appears that a couple of the plastic panels have to be removed in order to drill holes (argh!) and then insert a small plate. The problem is that I cant find a way to easily remove the panels that I need to to get into the plastic sections on either side I need to drill. Bit scared I break the plastic clips that hold them in place.

I notice that the fitting instruction diagrams are labelled 1,3,4... with no diagram No.2. Is this the picture that shows you how to remove the panels? Any help/advice from someone who has already fitted the dog guard would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just fitted mine.

The 2 side panels are easier to fit than to remove. Basically they should just pull straight out towards the centre of the car, the top clips are easy enough but the bottom ones are too stiff to remove without breaking. I found a broken clip in the wheel well and some damage caused by Dacia when the parking sensors were fitted (LHS) so used some number plate tape to help, the screws will hold them but the tape is to stop any rattle.

Also, since the dog guard mounts fit under the panel with the bolts sticking up - I used more tape to make sure they didn't fall in before I fitted the guard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts