UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
We recently bought a Dacia Duster Laureatte 2015 and also purchased the roof bars to fit. The instructions are not very clear and we are having difficulties fitting the bars as supplied by Dacia. The strap is not long enough to fit around the roof bar on the car but will fit through the front and rear apertures. Is this correct?

·
Registered
985 Posts
We recently bought a Dacia Duster Laureatte 2015 and also purchased the roof bars to fit. The instructions are not very clear and we are having difficulties fitting the bars as supplied by Dacia. The strap is not long enough to fit around the roof bar on the car but will fit through the front and rear apertures. Is this correct?
Sorry bud, they've given you the wrong bars. There are two types. Do NOT fasten them to the plastic, they aren't weight bearing. If you have a search you will find 2 useful threads on roofbars with the Phase 2 Duster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry bud, they've given you the wrong bars. There are two types. Do NOT fasten them to the plastic, they aren't weight bearing. If you have a search you will find 2 useful threads on roofbars with the Phase 2 Duster.
Many thanks I will get back to the Dacia garage who sold them to us.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My dealer also sold me the wrong ones ie for a phase one. They had to ring renault for the new part number in March this is as the parts fiche wasn't updated. The new bars cost about a fiver more have longer straps and fit perfectly and also are lockable. Happy days but you need to make sure they get you the right ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts