UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day guys.

This is my first post on this site and I'm starting off by asking for help.

I have a 2014 1.5dci 4x4 Renault Duster in South Africa. One of the 'infamous' Indian built ones, but I'm very happy with my car overall.

Ok so, my Buster's Media nav has [email protected] installed on it and I have tried to activate telhe 'eco' mode and temperature display in the 'hidden' menu but no information is displayed in these fields as I am sure that there needs to be a sensor that sends all the data to the unit.

Because of this, I am looking to install my own external thermometer. I have one lined up online but I was wondering how I would go about getting the sensor to the wingmirror or the wheel arch? Is there anyone who can help me with this please??

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Logan has the temperature sensor on the bottom of the drivers door mirror. Would imagine that if you attached your sensor behind your bumper, the heat from your radiator would affect it when you are stationary in traffic. Only my opinion though ????

·
Registered
281 Posts
My Logan has the temperature sensor on the bottom of the drivers door mirror. Would imagine that if you attached your sensor behind your bumper, the heat from your radiator would affect it when you are stationary in traffic. Only my opinion though
From memory some Vauxhalls have their external temperature sensors mounted at the front, so it might be OK although many cars do now have the sensor under the door mirror.

·
Registered
521 Posts
My Logan has the temperature sensor on the bottom of the drivers door mirror. Would imagine that if you attached your sensor behind your bumper, the heat from your radiator would affect it when you are stationary in traffic. Only my opinion though
Heat rises

Many cold air inlets on turbo hot hatches pickup just in front of the wheel well (behind the bumper).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts