UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to fit front fog lights into the bumper-holes on a Duster Access? You've got two blocked-up holes where the fog-lights should be on the more up-graded models, & I'm wondering how easy it is to remove them & fit lights... Once the plastic block-up are taken out, will the wiring (which I suspect not) be there for the light fittings? Basically, I'm trying to bring an Access up to, or as near to, the spec of a Laureate for half the price! Any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to fit front fog lights into the bumper-holes on a Duster Access? You've got two blocked-up holes where the fog-lights should be on the more up-graded models, & I'm wondering how easy it is to remove them & fit lights... Once the plastic block-up are taken out, will the wiring (which I suspect not) be there for the light fittings? Basically, I'm trying to bring an Access up to, or as near to, the spec of a Laureate for half the price! Any suggestions welcome.
I'm hoping like you that the basic wiring is already there and perhaps needs only a multi-plug, switch and cabling. I reckon that there will be a specific Dacia kit of spotlights, switch and wiring available in the future if not already. Probably Karl a forum member that works for Renault may be able to tell you more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dorestboy,

Found out from dealer today that the wiring for fog-spots is there behind the plastic concealers on the Access bumpers. You will need a multi-plug switch & cable like you said, but according to him, it's no big deal to fit them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, not really. Just cosmetic I suppose. I had them on an old CRV & I think I only ever used them twice, if that! All the same, it's nice to know that if you want to stick them in, then the wiring is there for them... Although I'm looking forward to picking up the Duster, has anyone else looked at the Stepway & thought, 'shit, that's a lot of car for the money?' Got the broucher on them yesterday & I'm seriously thinking of car No 2.

·
Registered
431 Posts
ok, so they can be fitted, but are they of any real advantage?
Not really but look good ;) .

You don't seem to be able to turn them on on their own and need the mains switch turned on too. However with only side lights selected they can be turned on. I usually have my lights on during the day just as a visiblity measure but may just use sides and fogs now.

Reactions: waldo walsh
1 - 6 of 6 Posts