UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey forum,

i'm going through this mysterious problem with my dacia duster 4x2 1.6 ESS. when i brake (foot/hand) i hear a whistle, as if the cable of both footbrake and handbrake go through the same channel where it needs a lubrication. u know wht i mean ! actually this issue is irritating simply because my duster has only 16000 km mileage count. even before when mileage didn't exceed 4000 km i had this problem.

this problem gets on my nerves. when i drive my car town, everyone's faces are like (fix your damn whistling car) as if m driving a pile of junk.

i went to the local maintenance of Dacia and they told me i shouldn't be concerned, and that they fixed the problem in the new serie of 2014 (by the way, mine is 2013). what does that even mean ? i should buy the new one to get rid of this whistle noise.

my question is: what is exactly the problem ? what should i do to solve it ? i still have warranty !

i hope u can help me forum, and thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Hey forum,

i'm going through this mysterious problem with my dacia duster 4x2 1.6 ESS. when i brake (foot/hand) i hear a whistle, as if the cable of both footbrake and handbrake go through the same channel where it needs a lubrication. u know wht i mean ! actually this issue is irritating simply because my duster has only 16000 km mileage count. even before when mileage didn't exceed 4000 km i had this problem.

this problem gets on my nerves. when i drive my car town, everyone's faces are like (fix your damn whistling car) as if m driving a pile of junk.

i went to the local maintenance of Dacia and they told me i shouldn't be concerned, and that they fixed the problem in the new serie of 2014 (by the way, mine is 2013). what does that even mean ? i should buy the new one to get rid of this whistle noise.

my question is: what is exactly the problem ? what should i do to solve it ? i still have warranty !

i hope u can help me forum, and thanks in advance...
Go back to your local maintenance and tell them if they can fix it on the 2014, they should pull their finger out and fix it on your 2013.
If they fixed it on the 2014 its obviously a know issue to them, besides cars should not whistle and they should not sing either...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts