UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering on a bit of help olease. Are the door speakers in the rear of the car just for show? Or is there a fault
Thanks Rey

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
You know Carlos I was in the audio menu and turned the bass and treble up a bit, result bad audio.
I know bad isn't it, normally when you get a car it all needs adjusting upwards, not downwards :-D
Mines a laureate mike, can't really say I've noticed much of an improvement in sound over my last car with 2 dash mounted speakers only....
To be fair car audio is poor, I don't think mounting speakers in the lower door helps really.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I waited over three months for my Logan Prime, the whole time thinking about installing decent speakers. When I got it I thought the speakers were awful. Did the same as Carlos, adjusted bass downwards, and I like bass. Either the sound got better or my ears got worse, cos now I really like the sound. I'm sure I could improve things by spending a few hundred quid, that's the kind of figure I had in mind originally, but my experience of Hi-Fi is, when I spend a lot of money on it, I listen to the equipment rather than the music.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I waited over three months for my Logan Prime, the whole time thinking about installing decent speakers. When I got it I thought the speakers were awful. Did the same as Carlos, adjusted bass downwards, and I like bass. Either the sound got better or my ears got worse, cos now I really like the sound. I'm sure I could improve things by spending a few hundred quid, that's the kind of figure I had in mind originally, but my experience of Hi-Fi is, when I spend a lot of money on it, I listen to the equipment rather than the music.
Put my base and treble back to zero as the speakers just can't handle any more, everything just sounds so tinny. My last car had 4 speakers and 2 sub-woofers I think I maybe need to stop comparing. You don't need to spend hundreds to improve the quality, £19.00 for edge ed205 speakers gives acceptable sound as reported by members on here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
As it goes I didn't waste anything on replacing the speakers because I'm happy with the stock fitted in the Logan. There are people out there would dispute the suggestion that Hi-Fi isn't possible in a car and are prepared to spend a lot of money on achieving it. I'm not one of them. I had all sorts of ideas about 'improving' the car and was prepared to spend a fair bit owing to the low purchase price. I bought it 'unseen' and the only time I ever sat in a Dacia was a taxi in Bratislava. I am completely satisfied with everything in the car so will spend nothing on any 'extras'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts