UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
OK stalwarts, more turbo thoughts from me (I won't hijack "fuel consumption" thread anymore).

Here's an interesting thing: a couple of web reviews I've read suggest (rightly or wrongly) that the 4WD Duster's turbo kicks in at 1750 revs while the 4x2's kicks in at 2250 revs. My experience suggests it might just be true: the noticeable surge on Fluffy is before 2000 revs.

I was going with the general wisdom about turbo kicking in above 2000 revs and I had assumed Fluffy's pre-2000 surge was because I had crossed a threshold between diesel flabbiness at very low revs and 'normal' performance. After that, I was still looking forward to the turbo kick above 2000 revs which (as some will know) has eluded me.

Maybe this is the explanation. if the 4WD turbo threshold is, indeed, below 2000 revs, then it all makes a lot more sense. Any thoughts or similar 4WD experiences?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
My thoughts are that I'm just not comfortable with a noticeable surge on Fluffy at any revs :unsure:

·
Registered
230 Posts
my 4x2 dci turbo kickes in at about 1500 rpm. you cna hear it with the windows down. the whistly suck of the turbo.

Reactions: arob.wk
1 - 3 of 3 Posts