UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi al.

One of the attractive features, and one I really wanted, was the fact the front passenger seat folded to allow longer objects to be carried.

I have just this minute found out that mine does not. :(

Does anyone have one that does fold?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine does not even come close to that. 15° from vertical max

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just checked mine, sounds the same as yours.

I take it you have the hand wind mechanism not the lever one shown in the manual.

I suspect the ones with the lever mechanism fold flatter, I had this lever on a Clio and the seat went down further, the Megane was a hand wind knob like I have now and I don't think it went down far either.

Have you tried going the other way, moving the front seat forwards as far as it will go and then folding it flat backwards over the rear seats...

just a thought.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't tried that. Sadly doing it that way will not suit what I want to do.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spoken to my dealers managers manager and he agreed that what I have was not what was advertised.

Is currently going to contact dacia.

Have to say I was so unimpressed with th reaction from the sales manager of Tunbridge Wells. Casual indifference is the most charitable description

·
Registered
431 Posts
Mine is the same and as you say a handy feature if your hauling long items. Keep us posted on how you get on. Can't say I'm confident for you but what would a single seat cost them in the large scheme of things for good customer relations.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Spoken to my dealers managers manager and he agreed that what I have was not what was advertised.
Is currently going to contact dacia.
Have to say I was so unimpressed with th reaction from the sales manager of Tunbridge Wells. Casual indifference is the most charitable description
Poor show indeed ... I can feel another Import Centre block coming on ... weather seal, brakes, suspension ... front passenger seat?!
Really daft question coming up but, just as a matter of interest, does the driver seat fold instead (it shouldn't of course!)? ... I'm just wondering if something was lost in translation between LHD and RHD build. Can't check anything myself as I'm still in the Duster Waiting Room

·
Registered
259 Posts
The blurb in the brochure states:

"Folding the front passenger seat down also means you can transport objects up to 2.65 metres in length. Useful? Thought so."

Unfortunately the small print at the back of the brochure conveys that:

"Renault UK reserves the right to modify its models without notice, including their characteristics, specifications, equipment and accessories ..."

Still, to make such a big deal about the folding front passenger seat as a selling point is poor practice, if the actual car doesn't deliver on this feature.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The sale of good act does cover it as they continued to advertise the product long after they altered the spec and failed to inform me about it or change the advert.

It is til being advertised that way.

Have to see, but cn not tell you how desperately disappointed about this one small issue.

My plan was to use the car for touring andwas planning to put a single lilo as a bed through the car.

Now I cannot fit into the car. :(

·
Registered
96 Posts
The sale of good act does cover it as they continued to advertise the product long after they altered the spec and failed to inform me about it or change the advert.

Have to see, but cn not tell you how desperately disappointed about this one small issue.
My plan was to use the car for touring andwas planning to put a single lilo as a bed through the car.

I would see what the dealer comes up with especially if you explain that was one of the major reasons for buying the vehicle.

You can also ring your local trading standards department for their opinion as well as they will be able to tell you if you can reject the vehicle as not fit for purpose. Difficult one though.

Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I too have been known to spend the odd night in the car so have an interest in this.

The first thing I did on my first viewing of a duster (LHD demo model back last summer) was to measure the length available with the front passenger seat pushed fully forward and backrest vertical. I noted a measurement of 1840 cm - Long enough for a backpacking style mattress if not a full length Lilo. (It's actually not quite as long as I am tall, but will be OK for the odd night or so!)

Chris

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got acknowledge confirmation on line from the company I bought to Duster frm that they are still advertising it with a folding arm ret.

Spoke to someone from their head office on Thursday last week and have had confirmation of my issue with Dacia Customer services last Friday. Have to wait and see.

I just feel like a complainer as the following issues have come about the last week;

1) All wipers are streaking really badly

2) There are some freaky things happening with the throttle. I wil be driving along at 70 and the engine just seems to 'pink' and lose power and there is at least a delay when I press down on the accelerator and almost a click when the engines picks up

3) The telephone reception on the blue tooth is appauling

4) Playing music through Bluetooth was fine last week. This week is just breaking up awfully.

Just more hassle. I am taking the car back on Friday for the recall

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I have spoken to the dealers and the seat was never specced to fold for UK sale. You may now notice that as of yesterday they removed the reference to the folding front seat and the picture.

Not sure what to do now.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Well I have spoken to the dealers and the seat was never specced to fold for UK sale. You may now notice that as of yesterday they removed the reference to the folding front seat and the picture.

Not sure what to do now.
just read your facebook comment , keep going mate . The more you highlight the problem the better your case . The odd crazy photo may also hit the mark .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts