UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly I will direct this topic towards geraint, as I notice he has them on his steppy.but comments from other people that have them would be very welcome.

How are the deflectors held in place, is there a prefered make, how much are they, and is there any chance of some close up pics of them showing fittings, if used.
If after having them fitted would it leave any sign/marks on the rubbers if removed at a late time.
Cheers Dave T

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for the replies, markbrad the utube link doesn't work. but I did do a search and found a demo of fitting G3 deflectors from "micksgarage" out of stock at the moment but looks like i'll be ordering from there.
Geraint I see they are located in Poland, how long do they take to get here as I am away on holiday soon and don't want to be having them delivered when we're not here

·
Registered
343 Posts
Forum keeps removing the link when I enter it for some reason. Just search youtube for HEKO Wind Deflectors and you'll see a bloke with a tash fitting them to a BMW

Mine came by UPS and had a tracking number to follow, less than a week

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Have to say they are next on the shopping list after opening the window slightly today and getting a wet arm from above, hopefully they will put that drip outside the car

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sidaorb
Thats exactly why I'm going to get some, experienced the wet arm a few times now, so will definitely be my next purchase.

·
Registered
343 Posts
To be honest it doesnt avoid the wet arm. The deflectors are quite slim lined and bearly protude outside the lines of the metalwork of the door

·
Registered
256 Posts
they took about a week to get to me, they were very well packaged too
I'd second what Geraint mentions,and I've had Heko deflectors on three vehicles now,and they tick all the boxes,
Easy to fit,look good and are priced nicely,compared to the other main manufacturer of deflectors,which is a company called Climair,who I think want over £80 for a full set for the stepway.....!!! Kerching!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Markbrad , so does the water still come in if you have the window open just about an inch and a half, if it does then I won't bother

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you have the window open beyond the depth of the deflector (about 2-3" ) then your getting dripped on. If the window is still opposite the deflector then you're fine.

The bottom edge of the deflector is still inside the angle of the door so if your taking the window all the way down to take a carpark ticket for example you'll need a cloth.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info marbrad, that will do for me, I will sort some out when I get back from hol's
Cheers mate

·
Registered
40 Posts
I fitted drivers side only.. took about 2 mins.. doesn't feel right though.. see at the bottom of the deflected where it meets the rubber seal.. should it sit behind the rubber or in front of it. Its seems to be sitting behind it... ie rubber sits over corner of deflector.. is this right?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I fitted drivers side only.. took about 2 mins.. doesn't feel right though.. see at the bottom of the deflected where it meets the rubber seal.. should it sit behind the rubber or in front of it. Its seems to be sitting behind it... ie rubber sits over corner of deflector.. is this right?
Have you got a photo we could look at??

1 - 20 of 42 Posts