UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a 2016 1.2 Dacia Sandero that's front window wipers have stopped working. I have checked the fuses and they are in working order so I assume that it is the wiper motor. I have checked online and I haven't been able to find any replacements and phoned Dacia and was quoted £400 just for the part which I'm not prepared to pay.

Would anyone be able to tell me if it's the 288006475R part I am looking for, if so, is there a cheaper alternative I can use that fits? And can point me in the direction of cheap parts.

Cheers, Craig.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My son had the same problem with his front wipers. They just stopped working and the fuse seemed okay. I followed the instructions given on this link

Sandero Scuttle Exposed. How the Footwells Flood.

I unbolted the wiper motor (3 x 10mms bolts), unplugged the power supply and then used a marker pen to draw around the activator arm attached directly onto the motor (single 10 or 12mms nut) so l could remove the actuator arms and refit them back in the same place.

I decided to open up the motor by unscrewing the 2 screws holding the back casing in place. This casing appears to have originally had an inner lip to form a seal with the front part of the motor but in this case this inner lip had disintegrated and bits of it were stuck to the rotor on the motor and seemed to have shorted the motor out and caused it to seize.

I pulled all of the loose bits out of the motor housing and cleaned everything up then refitted the casing. I plugged the power supply back in and tried turning the wipers on.
There was no movement on the motor spindle so I checked the fuse and found that while it looked okay it had actually blown.
I replaced the fuse and tried the wipers again this time I could see the spindle turning.
i refitted the actuator arms and bolted everything back together again and tried the wipers again - success wipers working again and only cost me about 40 minutes out of my day.
Hope this is useful for someone with the same problem and that it may save people time and money.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,754 Posts
It's possible for a fault to weaken a fuse. A jammed motor draws excess current and when you get it going it is the last straw for the fuse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts