UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd be a bit clever and upgrade my front wiper blade with some tasty bosch aerofit I used a 22 inch on the drivers side snd a 20 inch on the passenger and to my dismay they touch in the park position is it worth undoing the nut and adjusting the positioning of them?... help!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...I fitted a pair of flat blades - cheap ones from B&M bargains for about £3 each - which are about an inch longer than standard, and they touch when at rest: slight worry on first use, but not thereafter...

...I just make sure that the RHS one sits slightly above the LHS one, so that it moves away once you turn the wipers on, and returns slightly on top again: maybe that will work for you...

Joe

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thought I'd be a bit clever and upgrade my front wiper blade with some tasty bosch aerofit I used a 22 inch on the drivers side snd a 20 inch on the passenger and to my dismay they touch in the park position is it worth undoing the nut and adjusting the positioning of them?... help!

Why didn't you just buy the correct length ones?!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good question. . I just want to increase the Swept area to give greater visibility ????that's all.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Tesco are selling Michelin ones for 5.50 each on offer if they're any good to anyone... I was tempted but didn't know the size :-/

·
Registered
2,808 Posts

I would be attacking them wi a hack saw lol...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Carlos Iv got the Michelin ones on mine there excellent and for that price can't be beaten
what sizes did you go for? I looked online while I was there but couldn't find the size on halfords website ;-)
I originally wanted some for our c max, as we've had the car since it was a few years old it's still on its original wipers and it's from 2006, they have a strange fitment and they're about 60 quid a pair from the main dealer, or about 48 quid from Halfords...the cars probably on its last legs now so I don't wanna be spending that much really. Obviously the full length must be encrusted with diamonds for that price :-o

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In bosch aero fit (flat blade) you need a 20 inch passenger and a 21 inch drivers. That's what I have fitted.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
In bosch aero fit (flat blade) you need a 20 inch passenger and a 21 inch drivers. That's what I have fitted.

isn't yours a duster humbros? I reckon your windscreen will be bigger than the one on the logan.
Eventually when I get round to it, I'll measure the ones that are on now.
Mine are ok that I've got on, but it's always handy to carry a couple of spares ;-)

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Michelin ones iv got on mine are 20 inch both sides but would think you could get 21 inch on the drivers side if you wanted .

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've got 22's on both driver & passenger side from Aldi's with no problems in use.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've also been looking at increasing the length of my wipers to provide improved driver visibility.

On RHD Dusters, the standard length of both front wipers is 20".

When parked, the gap between the passenger wiper & the near-side A-pillar is only ½" so this limits what can be done here. When parked, the gap between both wipers is 2" so this provides more scope. The gap between the wipers top-most sweep & the top of the windscreen is 3" min.

The passenger wiper could be increased to 21" but this closes the wiper / near-side A-pillar gap to zero - it might even clash depending on wiper manufacturer length tolerances.

So for me, the passenger wiper stays at 20"

The driver wiper can safely be increased to 22". When parked, the gap between both wipers reduces to 1" & there's still loads of clearance at the top of the screen.

The driver wiper could be increased to 23". When parked, the gap between both wipers reduces to 1/2" which might cause the wipers to jam or interfere against each other depending on wiper manufacturer length tolerances but still loads of clearance at the top of the screen.

I have read reviews saying people have gone for even longer wipers & opted for an overlap between the drivers & passengers wipers in the parked position but the risk here is that the wipers will jam if the wipers are put back on the screen with the overlap the wrong way round - say after the car has been washed - so for this reason, this gets a no from me.

In summary then, I opted for

20" passenger

22" driver

I went for the flat aero type too.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I've also been looking at increasing the length of my wipers to provide improved driver visibility.

On RHD Dusters, the standard length of both front wipers is 20".

When parked, the gap between the passenger wiper & the near-side A-pillar is only ½" so this limits what can be done here. When parked, the gap between both wipers is 2" so this provides more scope. The gap between the wipers top-most sweep & the top of the windscreen is 3" min.

The passenger wiper could be increased to 21" but this closes the wiper / near-side A-pillar gap to zero - it might even clash depending on wiper manufacturer length tolerances.

So for me, the passenger wiper stays at 20"

The driver wiper can safely be increased to 22". When parked, the gap between both wipers reduces to 1" & there's still loads of clearance at the top of the screen.

The driver wiper could be increased to 23". When parked, the gap between both wipers reduces to 1/2" which might cause the wipers to jam or interfere against each other depending on wiper manufacturer length tolerances but still loads of clearance at the top of the screen.

I have read reviews saying people have gone for even longer wipers & opted for an overlap between the drivers & passengers wipers in the parked position but the risk here is that the wipers will jam if the wipers are put back on the screen with the overlap the wrong way round - say after the car has been washed - so for this reason, this gets a no from me.

In summary then, I opted for

20" passenger

22" driver

I went for the flat aero type too.
That is what is fitted to my Sandero Stepway as standard ! I thought the windscreens were the same anyway ? :eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts