UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

does the sandero have a release button/lever inside the car or does it have a lock on the cap?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mine is the Laureate - Has a flap you lift up then a locked cap inside. Nothing to stop the flap being lifted by scrotes!

Reactions: Maud Fondeo

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does the Flap lock when you activate the central locking? Noticed that on the Stepway before my test drive...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ermmm... Not that I noticed - Will check later and let you know

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ermmm... Not that I noticed - Will check later and let you know
I picked up my Sandero courtesy car today and filled up. I naturally locked the door and was able to open the flap with the central locking active (doors locked).

·
Registered
313 Posts
Same here - I have checked and the flap is not covered by the central locking - It just 'flaps'! The petrol cap itself is locked securely, though!

·
Registered
74 Posts
My diesel Sandero has just a locking cap... the flap is just a cover that doesn't lock.

But if I was criminally minded, and needed a load of fuel out of a car, I would tap the tank to see how full it was, and then drill into the tank directly, without bothering to get into the filler cap. Why get all covered in fuel, sucking on a pipe, when you can let gravity do all the work?

·
Registered
313 Posts
My diesel Sandero has just a locking cap... the flap is just a cover that doesn't lock.

But if I was criminally minded, and needed a load of fuel out of a car, I would tap the tank to see how full it was, and then drill into the tank directly, without bothering to get into the filler cap. Why get all covered in fuel, sucking on a pipe, when you can let gravity do all the work?
That's all well and good where Diesel doesn't ignite easily, however not practical for we petrol drivers..... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts