UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just had a run from aberdeen to perth in my new diesel logan(had it exactly one month today) and the fuel consumption is absolutly EXCELANT! Havnt yet sussed out about the ECO switch, can anyone clue me up as to when too use it, what its purpose is etc, be gratefull for any info, cheers. ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Use it when your driving with economy in mind and arent in a hurry and it should make a marginal difference 5-10%.
just using info from other threads

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have eco on all the time! If I need the full whammy (overtaking etc) you put your foot right the way down and it overrides and gives you full torque.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
171 Posts
Stick the eco on and forget about it. On/off I didn't see much difference in my 0.9l petrol Logan and I get 37mpg in town.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
37 mpg doesn't seem that good... I'd hope to get more than that in my 0.9

Did an up-to-the-brim-fill and noted the mileage, so at the next fill-up I can see how mine compares.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Mine is doing low 50's with a big set of ladders on top.
in spite of what my fuel thing says to left there, its just cos it has to level out over a couple months, i put in more than usual last fill up

·
Registered
171 Posts
37 mpg doesn't seem that good... I'd hope to get more than that in my 0.9

Did an up-to-the-brim-fill and noted the mileage, so at the next fill-up I can see how mine compares.
Don't expect what they quote. Mine may seem particularly bad as a lot of my driving is in stop/start or in the town. On a regular week I probably get into 5th gear on two journeys... The joys of living and working in London!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Don't expect what they quote. Mine may seem particularly bad as a lot of my driving is in stop/start or in the town. On a regular week I probably get into 5th gear on two journeys... The joys of living and working in London!
I wasn't expecting to get the 50+ quoted, but 37 is similar to what I was getting in my old moggie minor... It's coming up to 45 years old!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the 1.5 diesel, which has done 34,300 miles since October 9th, at what the trip computer says is 68.8, and what I think is 68 dead (am self employed and keep all fuel receipts and milages, so is an easy check).

The fuel consumption is fantastic, but with four days most weeks of motorway driving, probably what you would expect, although the London day is just stop start all day.

I leave the eco button on constantly, of for no other reason than less hassle than remembering to turn it on or off

·
Registered
171 Posts
I wasn't expecting to get the 50+ quoted, but 37 is similar to what I was getting in my old moggie minor... It's coming up to 45 years old!
My 14 year old Yaris 1.3L with 164,000 miles regularly gets 45 - 50 mpg in the town and 55+ on the motorway.

Don't be put off by my Logan's mpg, I haven't reset the counter since I bought it and the type of driving I do isn't great for mpg (why I didnt get the diesel). Plus its not really broken in yet. I don't expect it to improve significantly but I'm not unhappy with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, just had a run from aberdeen to perth in my new diesel logan(had it exactly one month today) and the fuel consumption is absolutly EXCELANT! Havnt yet sussed out about the ECO switch, can anyone clue me up as to when too use it, what its purpose is etc, be gratefull for any info, cheers. ;)
did you go over glen shee or Dundee? I saw a logan going through aboyne it looked great

think of getting one

no brainer is it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
did you go over glen shee or Dundee? I saw a logan going through aboyne it looked great

think of getting one

no brainer is it?
Believe me, its the best fuel consumption car, room accsesible, comfortable motor av ever had,

(well up till now because nothing has went wrong!) Go and check them out for yourself, but go for the diesal lauraete, i got the ambiance but wish now i had payed a little more for the higher spec model, went throu dundee, ye your right, it really is a no brainer, Bet you will see a lot more of them on the road in the coming years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts