UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed a 500 mile round trip over the last 2 days. Devon-Northolt-Portsmouth-Oxford-Devon kept the revs at 2500 and below as running the engine in. Managed to average 58.5 mpg could only get max of 38 from my 2 litre Volvo so very pleased with my Stepway :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
youngy_315 I think the 0.9 Tce in his vehicle driven is a bit of a giveaway, :rolleyes: still its a lot of miles when you consider it's still being run in, book say's you can expect peak mpg after 1800 miles on mine, what does it say for the 0.9 Tce. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm getting around 58 mpg on my Logan Tce 90. Didn't believe the computer read-out so brim checked it...yup...58 mpg. Driving steady, eco mode, cruise control. Just retired so ain't in a rush to be anywhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bartoli050 I got 560mls before warning light came on in my 0.9Tce that's without eco .was going to try with eco on but pulling power not very good so binned that idea. One of our other steppy pals sed that was good mileage never worked out how many mpg im am same very rarely go over 2500 revs .had mine 14 months

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
Bartoli050 I got 560mls before warning light came on in my 0.9Tce that's without eco .was going to try with eco on but pulling power not very good so binned that idea. One of our other steppy pals sed that was good mileage never worked out how many mpg im am same very rarely go over 2500 revs .had mine 14 months

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk
About 50.9 mpg, that's alright for probably mixed motoring.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Right who is nicking my petrol...

I have had 2 brand new Stepway Tce's since May this year and have not got mpg like that in any of the 2 of them.

Think I will have to go and see the doctor next week and ask him to test my body for iron, I must have far too much iron which is effecting my mpg.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Right who is nicking my petrol...

I have had 2 brand new Stepway Tce's since May this year and have not got mpg like that in any of the 2 of them.

Think I will have to go and see the doctor next week and ask him to test my body for iron, I must have far too much iron which is effecting my mpg.
Get them to check for Iron in your right foot Nessi, might be a bit heavy. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm a bit more than surprised at my Logan's fuel consumption. Wondering if Euro 6, Stop Start makes a difference. I've got used to eco mode. Found it a drag to start with but, like I said, as a retiree, I'm in no rush.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm a bit more than surprised at my Logan's fuel consumption. Wondering if Euro 6, Stop Start makes a difference. I've got used to eco mode. Found it a drag to start with but, like I said, as a retiree, I'm in no rush.
You would need a VW to get better mpg Les. :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know a lot of people with VW diesels and I'm pretty sure I'm happier with my motor than they are with theirs right now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Filled car to the brim did 501 miles didn't use eco mode computer showing 120 miles to empty and fuel gauge showing 2 blocks. Filled up again on returning to Devon took 38.7 litres. So computer showing average fuel consumption of 58.5 mpg was pretty accurate. Will be interested to see the mpg after engine has been run in and I use the full rev range.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Ran mine ambiance stepway on ECO for wk £20 petriol 4gallons run out at 49.2 the gallon lack up and go in eco wk before ECO of 47.5 difference 7miles with eco mode on think just use ECO mode on long journeys only save on gallon per month would Neva use ECO mode on first 1600 miles from new (well that my thoughts anyway us shell petriol from new )

·
Registered
641 Posts
For comparison if I drive eco on my commute I get 70mpg with the 1.5dci, if I add motorway in the mix its 64mpg if eco isnt on its 58mpg.

Excellent engines.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ran mine ambiance stepway on ECO for wk £20 petriol 4gallons run out at 49.2 the gallon lack up and go in eco wk before ECO of 47.5 difference 7miles with eco mode on think just use ECO mode on long journeys only save on gallon per month would Neva use ECO mode on first 1600 miles from new (well that my thoughts anyway us shell petriol from new )
Is that the Shell petrol that claims to give you more MPG.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Get them to check for Iron in your right foot Nessi, might be a bit heavy. :D
My whole body must be full o iron nae just my foot with the mpg I get, The best I have achieved on a long run ( 300 mile round trip ) is 46mpg.

I have found the euro6 with the start stop slightly more economical, The best mpg I got from the non euro6 was 44.5mpg whilst I have got 46mpg from the euro6 ( both Tce90 new this year )

·
Registered
370 Posts
My whole body must be full o iron nae just my foot with the mpg I get, The best I have achieved on a long run ( 300 mile round trip ) is 46mpg.

I have found the euro6 with the start stop slightly more economical, The best mpg I got from the non euro6 was 44.5mpg whilst I have got 46mpg from the euro6 ( both Tce90 new this year )
Take it back Nessi and get them to look for your lost mpg. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are so many factors involved in obtaining reasonable fuel economy. The best thing about living in Northampton is how easy it is to get out of the place and onto halfway decent roads. Sixty per cent of the 800 miles I've driven in the Dacia have been longish runs on dual carriageways and motorways. That still leaves 40 per cent on town roads, but...I have the luxury of choosing non peak traffic periods and maintaining momentum. Half a century of commercial driving, much of it self employed, taught me the benefits of a light right foot. I wasn't expecting much from an 898cc, 3 cylinder, but the Tce 90 is proving to be pretty amazing and it hasn't even loosened up yet. I did consider the diesel but, even back in May, when I ordered my Logan, the writing was on the wall for the future of that particular fuel. Speaking of which, alfitz, yup I'm using only Shell V-Power. Too early for that to make much difference right now I guess.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Well in Feb we are in the market for a second car, I've been put off the Duster with all the whinges about it. The Stepway conversely gets universal praise from its drivers so the question is TCE or DCi.

I've not driven a TCE yet though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts