UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got the 0.9 tce. Have been running it a month now and it is eating fuel. My wife is doing exactly the same milage which is all short town journies to and from work as she was doing in her previous car and our fuel cost have doubled. I dont think we are even getting 20miles to the gallon. Anyone else notice this. I am gonna contact dealer to have it looked at cause i just cant believe that it is this sore on fuel

·
Registered
217 Posts
In all honesty if you are only getting 20 mpg it must be either brakes binding badly, a fuel leak or poorly adjusted engine settings. Are you getting any black smoke emitted from the exhaust as that might indicate a sticking cold start problem injecting too much fuel. Definately a fix by the dealer is necessary. Their plug in computer will highlite any engine problem fault codes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dacia do say that until the engine has been run in to ignore consmption readings so unless you think you have a faulty engine then i would give it more time.

Are you resetting the fuel consumption meter properly as per the manual. Did you run the car in properly avoiding going over 78 mph for the first 600 miles ? I think the figures are correct but i would check on them first.

Are you relying on the onboard fuel consumption reading or doing it the old fashioned way with a calculator.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There must be something wrong. You might want it checked by the dealer. My 0.9 even in the first few day never used more the high 30s and into the 40s miles per galon in town.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi we are getting 44.5miles per gallon,so i would take it back just to be checked.

we were getting over 40miles per gallon when we 1st collected it

hope info is helpfull

·
Registered
346 Posts
Have you added the odometer and litre readings correctly? i get 48mpg around town

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re checking it now. Was doing it the old fashioned way with a calculator. So to double check will brim it and run it to empty again to double check

·
Registered
346 Posts
My fuel economy has dropped under 40 mpg?

·
Registered
90 Posts
will log fuel when refilling.now at 500 miles on first tank.still says 173miles in range.although av speed is 46mph due to mainly country road driving

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd imagine if your wife's journey is all stop start commute then that engine won't do much better than low to mid 30s at a push. Your 20mpg must be wildly pessimistic or there's something wrong with the car, something quite important. The only way to be confidently accurate is to brim it, stop when it cuts off, give it 5 seconds and fill until it cuts off. Do your driving preferably over half a tank full then fill up again the same way and measure. Then you know exactly what the car is doing. My wife's since departed Picanto (1.1 auto no jokes please) was supposed to do 55 mpg but she only ever got got high 30s on mixed driving.

·
Registered
90 Posts
First 90miles was return trip on motorway so that pushed up average.then again it is lucylocket (related to schumacher)who does country driving so it could be increasing .

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not worked out any solid numbers but seem to be averaging 60s/high 50s MPG during the school summer holiday - expect this to drop back down once the queues build back after August.

ECO button definetely helps - does anyone know would ECO mode affect the DPF regen cycle - ie save fuel hence skip a cycle to avoid the fuel dump/burn out?

·
Registered
346 Posts
First 90miles was return trip on motorway so that pushed up average.then again it is lucylocket (related to schumacher)who does country driving so it could be increasing .
My Girlfriend drives like she is qualifying for grandprix also.

Reactions: antavi and jlukevcs

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I use a wee app on my iPhone called road trip. They have a trimmed down free version too. I found it really handy on my old Audi. Mpg took a dive. Down some research and it pointed to my O2 sensor. New sensor fitted and almost a 10mpg increase.

Might be worth a look. Fees the app some info (odd meter reading, fuel price and either volume put in or total price) and it'll track your mpg for you. I liked it so much I went for the paid version. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use a wee app on my iPhone called road trip. They have a trimmed down free version too. I found it really handy on my old Audi. Mpg took a dive. Down some research and it pointed to my O2 sensor. New sensor fitted and almost a 10mpg increase.

Might be worth a look. Fees the app some info (odd meter reading, fuel price and either volume put in or total price) and it'll track your mpg for you. I liked it so much I went for the paid version. :)
I have this app :) i also used it for my Audi as i wanted to know what i was getting.

It told me i'd managed to get up from 24mpg to 33 mpg (although the motorway driving has helped) we both use it on our cars to see how we do as our current spend on fuel per month is around £500

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had my car for a week and a day and at a very rough estimate I reckon I've had about 46mpg. Now filled to 1st click, mileage note and will fill again next Friday. Will post my results.

Reactions: Pinkhammy

·
Registered
81 Posts
First mileage check shows 61 (60.89)mpg, very pleased :D

Reactions: Pinkhammy
1 - 20 of 39 Posts