UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the other Logans going?

Done 600 or so miles now and pretty reliably getting 60mpg working out by hand and the on board computer.

That's a mix of city, dual carriageway and long winding national speed limit country roads.

Fairly happy with that, don't know if that will improve as the car runs in?

Sent from my HTC One S using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just filled mine up last weekend and a bit disappointed with the mpg,haven't done a proper mileage check with a full tank but according to the computer on the last fill up I was only getting high 40s. Done roughly 240 miles since fill up, a mixture of town and motorway driving and computer reads 55.6mpg.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just filled mine up last weekend and a bit disappointed with the mpg,haven't done a proper mileage check with a full tank but according to the computer on the last fill up I was only getting high 40s. Done roughly 240 miles since fill up, a mixture of town and motorway driving and computer reads 55.6mpg.
Is yours the 1.5 Dci too?

Must admit I'm now obsessing over the mpg readout rather than driving with the 'miles until empty' readout.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes the 1.5 dci, I'm not a great believer in the computer readouts, when with my old Clio with the same engine said I had 125 miles to go and I just made the fuel station!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the 1.5 dci, I'm not a great believer in the computer readouts, when with my old Clio with the same engine said I had 125 miles to go and I just made the fuel station!!
That's why I've been working it out by hand too!

The 'miles until empty' readout is a bit flakey, goes: '110... 65... not telling you' in the space of about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
41 Posts
How are the other Logans going?Done 600 or so miles now and pretty reliably getting 60mpg working out by hand and the on board computer.That's a mix of city, dual carriageway and long winding national speed limit country roads.Fairly happy with that, don't know if that will improve as the car runs in?Sent from my HTC One S using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app
Well Annie, my 1.5dci "DaLoLa" has done 417 miles on a 40 litre top up, meaning an average of 47.7 miles per gallon in reality, where the on board computer was telling me 58 mpg. Errr, a slight difference on the readings....
No city drive so no idle times on traffic light os so. Plain A roads in the countryside. No roof rack and ECO mode on all the time. 1400 miles done so out of the run in period, but anyway we normally drive on low revs. I think. I have never pass the 2500 rpm threshold.
I will keep sending readings...

Happy drive to all :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Annie, my 1.5dci "DaLoLa" has done 417 miles on a 40 litre top up, meaning an average of 47.7 miles per gallon in reality, where the on board computer was telling me 58 mpg. Errr, a slight difference on the readings....
No city drive so no idle times on traffic light os so. Plain A roads in the countryside. No roof rack and ECO mode on all the time. 1400 miles done so out of the run in period, but anyway we normally drive on low revs. I think. I have never pass the 2500 rpm threshold.
I will keep sending readings...

Happy drive to all :)
I passed the 2500 today doing an overtake that I never would have attempted in the Picasso... Did a good test of the foot down bypass of Eco too!

Blooming Sunday drivers...

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 1.5 TDi is getting about 58mpg at 80mph on long runs and 48 mpg locally, on hills and B roads. I think it gets better and better, the more miles you do.

It was nothing like this good at 1000 miles. Currently on 2800 miles; and I'm really itching to see what it will now do on a long run, at 70mph, with no load, and in Eco mode.

How sad am I :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am seriously considering buying a Logan and doing an LPG conversion on it. I am a taxi driver and cant see beyond the price tag and fuel consumption figures. I think the TCe 90 looks a better bet but there doesn't seem to be any mpg figures for it on the forum yet. Obviously I don't believe the official figures but would like to think I could get 40 mpg out of it and an LPG conversion is like doubling it.

I currently drive a Civic Hybrid but the mpg on it is shocking. Official figures something like 58 mpg combined. I used to get 41 in the summer but this winter (which has been a mild one) I am getting around 39 mpg. Hybrids are very poor mpg wise.

My main concern though is what the reliability is like with Dacia. Lets face it. Renault doesn't top reliability surveys and this is a budget arm of Renault and for as poor as the Civic Hybrid has been on fuel it has returned 80,000 trouble free miles. Not a single thing other than your obvious brake pads and tyres.

I currently spend £120 a week on fuel with the Civic. The LPG conversion on the Logan will probably half that so £60 a week, £3000 a year. It seems a no brainer I guess. Even if the car does fall apart I guess the fuel savings will cover it.

Is there anyone on here that knows much about LPG conversions and whether this engine is a suitable one? Also warranty? Does it invalidate it? The salesman says warranty unaffected but I wouldn't expect him to say any other.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can't help on the conversation I'm afraid. Reliability wise they seem pretty good from reports over in Europe. None of us here have had our Logans long enough to be able to say, but my girl feels pretty solid and the extended warranty is possible if that worries you. We also have another taxi Logan knocking around so he may be able to give you more specific reassurances.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not the number of the beast... but the MPG of the beast...!

(apologies to Lola for calling her a beast)

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am seriously considering buying a Logan and doing an LPG conversion on it. I am a taxi driver and cant see beyond the price tag and fuel consumption figures. I think the TCe 90 looks a better bet but there doesn't seem to be any mpg figures for it on the forum yet. Obviously I don't believe the official figures but would like to think I could get 40 mpg out of it and an LPG conversion is like doubling it.

I currently drive a Civic Hybrid but the mpg on it is shocking. Official figures something like 58 mpg combined. I used to get 41 in the summer but this winter (which has been a mild one) I am getting around 39 mpg. Hybrids are very poor mpg wise.

My main concern though is what the reliability is like with Dacia. Lets face it. Renault doesn't top reliability surveys and this is a budget arm of Renault and for as poor as the Civic Hybrid has been on fuel it has returned 80,000 trouble free miles. Not a single thing other than your obvious brake pads and tyres.

I currently spend £120 a week on fuel with the Civic. The LPG conversion on the Logan will probably half that so £60 a week, £3000 a year. It seems a no brainer I guess. Even if the car does fall apart I guess the fuel savings will cover it.

Is there anyone on here that knows much about LPG conversions and whether this engine is a suitable one? Also warranty? Does it invalidate it? The salesman says warranty unaffected but I wouldn't expect him to say any other.
I had the same idea when I was doing some research. The 0.9 petrol turbocharged seems a good candidate but I don't know if it can be converted. As far as I know it is a fairly new engine. You that are in the business will probably know more about places to do the conversion. (there is a huge amount of space where the spare wheel goes, so you might not loose any boot room.)

The normal 1.2 petrol (I am pretty sure it is a generation 2 Clio engine) might be more suitable for you if you don't need the horse power.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Latest reading for "DaLoLa" 1.5dci

Previous reading 47.7 miles per gallon

40 litres and 516.5 miles which translates to 58.7 miles per gallon in reality and 58.2 miles by the trip computer (no such a difference this time) ECO mode all the time and "A" Roads and motorway ride this time.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Latest reading for "DaLoLa" 1.5dci

Previous reading 47.7 miles per gallon

40 litres and 516.5 miles which translates to 58.7 miles per gallon in reality and 58.2 miles by the trip computer (no such a difference this time) ECO mode all the time and "A" Roads and motorway ride this time.
Currently getting 65/66mpg but that was with an easier half term commute last week. 50/50 dual carriageway/city with the odd country blat at weekends.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi I have a Logan diesel taxi reg in Dec 2013 getting 60+ to the gallon thrilled with that big car for the money
Royt49

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just reached the first 1000 miles in my Logan 1.5dci

Reading 64mpg well impressed compared to my previous Renault Senic

·
Registered
110 Posts
just got back from south of france drove on rn 20 free motorway with eco on at 56 mph on cruise control with a fair load 120 miles on arrival at hotel the computer showed 81.2 mpg there was a strong wind on the tail all the way on arrival to home its still showing 77.4 mpg im amazed

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very impressed!

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 20 of 68 Posts