UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
managed to get 600+ miles on a tank out the duster dci 4x2 so far looking good. 61.7 MPG

keeping the revs under 2000

cruzing at the highest gear possible

slowing down where possible using the gears

when motorway driving keeping just under 60, and 3-5 car lengths behind a lorry helps a lot.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Nice one, I don't think I could be that strict with myself but 61mpg is excellent.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I filled up for the third time today,and for the third time it returned 51 mpg.

Havent been on a motorway yet

Motorway driving really makes a difference though specially doing 60mph and not battering it

·
Registered
131 Posts
Apparently driving behind a lorry can increase the mpg by wopping 40% according to Mythbusters.
But I do remember them saying to achieve that you would need to be about a foot behind the lorry.

Not pratical as one could be done for tail gating.

But keeping a couple of car lengths behnid a lorry certainly helps the mpg figure.

·
Registered
182 Posts
must take the lead out of my right foot...........................noootttt...enoy flooring it to much...........time to fill up again[dont look at mpg]

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
When I had a Renault Captur Diesel as a courtesy car it had instantaneous MPG display (whereas the Duster only has an average), and I noticed that driving at 70mph took a LOT more fuel than at 60!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was wondering why i was obly getting 35 mpg when missus went on school run so i let her drive last week.
Imagine my surprise when she didnt get any higher than third gear sriving round town.!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Jings! you'd think the engine revs would be deafening at times.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
my parents have recently ordered a captur, how did you find it chris the demonstrator seemed nice enough?
I had it for a week. It was nice enough, but wasn't MY DUSTER so I was missing the high driving position and kept banging my head on the door. Better finish inside than the Duster, but more expensive. I don't like the Renault Sat Nav that is a bit slow and tends to tell you to turn right on or JUST AFTER you've passed the turning.

I also had a brand new Clio (with delivery mileage only) that felt very cramped after the Duster, and the plastic trim over the right windscreen pillar fell off after 2 days,

I also had Nissan Juke, and I liked the reversing camera on that, but I think they are almost as ugly as the Fiat Multipla.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
if u like it take it like a tip guys (of course this is my style)

petrol: Dacia 1.4 mpi engine (multi point injection 75bhp).....that gives me around......7 litres/100km (so smth like correct me if im wrong) 58-60miles/1gallon town driving with air con on

when i drive in town (most of the time)

Bucharest is big and horrendous traffic (lights, pedestrians, etc)

i only go for changing gears very fast just under 2000revs up to the 3rd gear, if traffic allows maybe 4th, then neutral and let it cruise along on idle keeping with the traffic and when need it just give a little push from time to time to keep up

diesel: 1.9 TDI engine (seat leon mk1 lately 110bhp)................5.5 litres/100km........60-63miles/1 gallon town driving with air con on

when i drive in town (most of the time)

pretty much the same thing but when i change gears i go higher up to 2500revs just enough to engage turbo and egr

and when i go outside the town i take my revenge and floor it to dispose of the soot keeping it clear and smooth

the outside town driving economy numbers gets a little better if u keep it around 60-70 miles/hour

petrol 6-6.5 litre/100km keeping the revs just below 3000

diesel 4-4.5 litre/100km but keeping the turbo and egr engaged all the time so going around 2300rpm

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Apparently driving behind a lorry can increase the mpg by wopping 40% according to Mythbusters.
But I do remember them saying to achieve that you would need to be about a foot behind the lorry.

Not pratical as one could be done for tail gating.

But keeping a couple of car lengths behnid a lorry certainly helps the mpg figure.
its not exactly slip streaming, but your travelling through turbulant air which has less resitance, so its easier for the car to push through. if you have a roof box on the car you should do it too to reduce the extra drag. i do it when i have a roof full of kayaks on the car.

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
193 Posts
That is fantastic going, certainly if I know I have a long journey to do I'd go on a real economy run.

I've seen the MPG hit around 67mpg but that was sitting at 50mph in a restricted section of the M25. A consistend MPG over 60mpg is really good.

I'm sure a lot of people have looked at our Duster and thought 'there goes another gas guzzler yet it's more economical than my Twingo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts