UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
So here it I'd, my first issue with my beloved Duster. She's done 160 miles on a fresh tank of Diesel but it hasn't dropped any bars!

Any ideas before it goes back to dealer for repair?

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
How full was the tank? over filling can confuse the floaty lever thingy.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I did 140miles in the stepway once before the first bar dropped, I was thinking the same. Someone on here claimed to travel from dover to Manchester in their dacia logan mcv I think before their first bar dropped! It's a pitty not all the bars drop at the same rate as the first one lol

The last three bars on mine go down a dam sight quicker than the first bar , the last time i let it get to the 3rd bar i got 40miles before it went into the ' red ' . beware .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, 167 miles and it moved down one bar. Had a word with a few friends who use the same petrol station and interesting point was made. There pumps have issues and don't stop even when fuel starts backing up on itself (should have guessed by fuel on forecourt always!). Looks like I may have filled too much but sill struggle to see 167 and one bar. Anyway it's moving so will keep watching how fast it goes down.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well my duster does the same.. the first bar takes forever.. then it goes faster (normal).

Dont worry its not broken:) its first when you fill it up and it dont register full tank you need to worry.. typical duster error it seems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, just completed 3200 Kms in 2 weeks in my new Duster.
I had the same experience, the first bars took ages to drop, then the last three dropped within a few miles, almost running out of fuel in the middle of nowhere in Spain!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
The last three bars on mine go down a dam sight quicker than the first bar , the last time i let it get to the 3rd bar i got 40miles before it went into the ' red ' . beware .
RED ?????? LOL......you sure ds ???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

George's :wub: display for the fuel level displays in orange.....all the bars are orange ...and the box at the bottom is orange too....!!!!

Even the petrol pump light that comes on if you run "a bit low" is orange......

Though i do wish this would make an annoying beeping sound like the "handbag alarm" on the passenger seat !!!!!

Are yours really red ???????

All the dusters I've seen are orange too :ph34r: :ph34r:

·
Registered
27 Posts
On my 2 month old Duster, all the bars are Orange, but the last bar flashes when you have about 25 miles of Diesel left.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
oooooh .......have you got the new LHD facelift one Rambo......welcome to the forum btw ;)

on our 2013 ones.....it doesn't flash.....i got very low one time.....eeek and was worried cos its a diesel...

down to fumes i reckon !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, in 'Olive Grey' too. You don't get that in the UK.

With Media Centre, EU Sat Nav Maps, Metallic Paint, Rear Parking Sensors & 5 year warranty - 20,000 € on the road (about £ 16,500).

Apart from an Air Con issues, very happy so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts