UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have only recently noticed on my Stepway Ambiance that the centre console finishes at the Gear Change and does not continue along to the back covering the handbrake as on the Laureate which houses the rear window switches.

I have done some research and ordered the parts from Karl at SMC which have cost around a total of £20 plus carriage to extended the console as per the picture.

IMG_20140611_142850.jpg

The 4 items required are part numbers:

363151732R Console

7703081185 Nylon Insert (For rear screw)

7703016547 Screw for rear

996941243R Cup Holder

5 min to fit. Remove blanking plate at rear of gear change console. Position new console over handbrake, remove blanking plate behind handbrake, insert nylon fastener into floor bracket, push console forward to engage with the back of the gear change console and fasten with screw at the back of the hand brake console into nylon insert. Push the cup holder and click into place. Job done.

Also the console is the correct one to accept the Arm Rest if required in the future. Also should be the same for the Sandero.

Karl can be contacted at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good shout Edenlow! I have been wondering how best to provide a cup holder for my daughter in the back of my Stepway Ambiance. Email sent to Karl!

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your Welcome. Apart from the useful cup holder it really smartens the interior and gives it a bit more of a finished look. Worth every penny of £20 for the complete kit. :) :) :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great news. A couple of little tips when fitting. When removing the blanking plate at the back of the gear change console, it unclips near the top by pulling, at the bottom of the blanking plate it hinges on a thin web of plastic about 1mm thick, like a one peice that doubles over. Cut lightly with a stanley blade or slowly puncture along the plastic web with a small screwdriver to completely remove the blanking plate. Dont worry it leaves a nice straight finish.

When offering the console over the handbrake, pull the handbrake full on to gain the maximum height and put the gearshift into 5th gear. In this position the console slides into place quite easily, worth putting a duster or small towel over the gearchange to prevent any markings on the gearchange skirt as the console has 4 protruding pegs on it's front end.

Hope I have not made it sound complicated, just small precausions. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Can someone please put up a photo guide when they do theirs? I'm a bit cack handed and inept at anything like this, and a step by step idiot proof guide would help me a lot. Thank you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Edenlow. Karl didn't have the parts in stock, but they were on back order, so they only took a week or so to arrive. They came at the start of the week and I fitted them yesterday.

Before doing the job, I visited this thread to refresh my memory regarding your fitting tips and noticed Timeliner's request for a photo guide, so I took photographs of the whole process and I'll post those tonight when I have more time. Watch this space Timeliner!

·
Registered
71 Posts
STEP BY STEP - Ambience to Laureate trim - centre console modification

Parts used:

363151732R Console

7703081185 Plastic fastener

7703016547 Screw

996941243R Cup Holder

Job timed at 12 minutes (which included taking photos)

1) Locate the two blanking plates which require to be removed.

&

2) Using a knife or similar, prize off the top of the front banking plate.

IMG_20140626_163924.jpg

3) It is attached to the console with a membrane hinge along the bottom, so to get it off completely, cut along the hinge with a sharp knife.

IMG_20140626_164003.jpg

4) Remove the rear blanking plate by hand (requires a little force, but don't be afraid!)

IMG_20140626_164133.jpg

5) Take the supplied plastic fastener and push it into the oval shaped hole in the cavity. (Lifting the carpet slightly gives better access and a nice flush fit)

IMG_20140626_164244.jpg

6) Place a rag or similar over the gear gaiter and existing console, to protect against scrapes when manoeuvring the new part.

&

7) Manoeuvre the new console part into place over the handbrake. Pinch the rear as you lower it down so that it slides between the seatbelt stalks.

IMG_20140626_164429.jpg
IMG_20140626_164450.jpg

8) Locate the fitting prongs at the front and push the console firmly forward until it clicks securely.

IMG_20140626_164545.jpg

9) You'll see that the small hole in the small cavity at the rear of the new console is now directly over the plastic fastener you fitted earlier. Insert the supplied screw and tighten fully. (The screw requires a size T20 star shaped bit, however a suitable small flat screwdriver should suffice)

IMG_20140626_164826.jpg

10) Push the blanking plate flap closed, so that it clicks at both sides.

IMG_20140626_164847.jpg

11) Insert the supplied cup holder and push firmly into place.

IMG_20140626_164924.jpg

12) Admire your work!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nicely done. Are you pleased with the console now fitted. Passengers who have seen mine for the first time have remarked how well it looks and fits and assumed it was part of the original interior. I think for the price it's a great addition.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Timeliner - You're welcome! Hope you and others find it useful. For your info, it cost me £32 in total, including delivery to Aberdeen.

Edenlow - I love it! As you rightly say, nobody would be able to tell it wasn't original. The fact that they are genuine parts helps I suppose. The little storage compartment under the handbrake handle is handy for keys and stuff, but the main thing for us is the cup holder in the rear. With a trip from Aberdeen to London approaching, my daughter is very pleased with that!

The extra oddment storage is good for me, because I use the large dashboard recess for my tablet satnav/media solution (See below). It sits there quite happily in it's leatherette cover. You'd think it would move around, but it doesn't and it already has all my tunes on it. I can even watch movies etc with all audio coming through the stereo speakers by Bluetooth. Maybe even better than Medianav?

(Google Nexus 7, running CoPilot satnav app)
IMG_20140509_164321.jpg
IMG_20140509_164336.jpg

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Timeliner - You're welcome! Hope you and others find it useful. For your info, it cost me £32 in total, including delivery to Aberdeen.

Edenlow - I love it! As you rightly say, nobody would be able to tell it wasn't original. The fact that they are genuine parts helps I suppose. The little storage compartment under the handbrake handle is handy for keys and stuff, but the main thing for us is the cup holder in the rear. With a trip from Aberdeen to London approaching, my daughter is very pleased with that!

The extra oddment storage is good for me, because I use the large dashboard recess for my tablet satnav/media solution (See below). It sits there quite happily in it's leatherette cover. You'd think it would move around, but it doesn't and it already has all my tunes on it. I can even watch movies etc with all audio coming through the stereo speakers by Bluetooth. Maybe even better than Medianav?

(Google Nexus 7, running CoPilot satnav app)
IMG_20140509_164321.jpg
IMG_20140509_164336.jpg
I like that, its probably more useful than the window switches that my kids love playing with, and the way they climb around can see getting trodden on and broken.
Looks good with that tablet, nice to see someone else has the standard radio too, I was beginning to think I was the only one.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice tutorial mcstepway ordered parts yesterday looking forward to fitting mods to smarten interior up must say this forum is absolutely brilliant loads of tips and mods.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi McStepway

Are these the part numbers for the Dark carbon interior

363151732R Console

7703081185 Plastic fastener

7703016547 Screw

996941243R Cup Holder

as some of your photos look light grey and some are dark

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Bloo,

Unless I'm mistaken, 'Dark Carbon' refers to the cloth upholstery which comes as standard in all Stepways. As far as the interior plastics go, with the exception of some small features like chrome inserts around the heater controls and 'graphite' interior front door handles (to match the grey bits on the steering wheel) which are a feature only found on Laureate models, the interior plastics are the same colour on all UK Stepways, so these parts will be the right colour for you. I used my (rather old) mobile phone to take the photos, so I appreciate they're not the greatest and the light was obviously making them look lighter than they are, depending on the angle of the shot and if I was crawling about in a dark part of the car!! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi, I would like to give a special mention about Karl at Smc Dacia Dealership. Together with myself we researched the parts required and Karl sourced the products as per the listing at the start of this topic.

Karl's interest and input on the Dacia forum has been outstanding and would like to give him credit for many satisfied Dacia owners.

It would be nice to see other dealerships take the same interest in Dacia owners as Smc. A special thanks to Karl. :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts