UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2013 Duster into be looked at as the rear demister stopped working, to be told that the fuse had blown, melted the entire fuse board and couldn't be released back to me to wait for parts until it was dealt with as, the risk of catching fire is too great!!!

Three phone calls to Dacia customer service to get them to agree to paying for the cost of a hire car and now a waiting game to see how long until it's safe again....Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a similar problem. My heated rear window stopped working so I thought I would check the fuse. I couldn't remove the old fuse and when I eventually applied pliers to it the fuse crumbled away as it had overheated - the blades were left stuck in the fusebox so a replacement fuse wouldn't plug in. I noticed thatvthe excess heat had partially melted the fuseholder next to it as well. Living in Shetland I have no local Dacia/Renault dealer. As I was going to visit my son in Dorset I contacted the dealer in Yeovil - AKS and spoke to the service manager. I sent him photographs of the fusebox and he agreed to contact Dacia to check on the warranty position. I booked the Duster in to be looked at on the Tuesday of Easter week. AKS were brilliant - I got the car back on the Friday morning. The photos I sent had allowed them to pre-diagnose the fault and order the necessary parts - a new fusebox and part wiring loom, which was all fitted under warranty. They also valeted the Duster inside and out before I collected it, which to me is Rolls-Royce service on an economy vehicle. AKS customer service is absolutely first class and when it comes time to buy a new Duster I shall probably buy from them.

Hope you got your problem fixed OK. Sounds as though your meltdown was much worse than mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts