UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks.

The "missus" told me that the 1st gear in our car "DaLoLA" is a bit stiff to engage. I did check and that seems to be the truth. The other gears get in very smooth.

Has anyone encounter this problem? Or since the car is new it does need a bit of run to get loosen?

Logan MCV Laureate 1.5DCI. Done 1500 miles.

Thanks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Look to see if a mat is under the clutch pedal preventing it from depressing fully.

Make sure you do push the clutch pedal right down - seat adjustment?

IF that is not the cause get the dealer to check the clutch release adjustment.

:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone I have just been informed by sales of sportier that wear and tear is not covered by the warranty that Dania have so basically nothing is covered by the warranty as every part on the car is a wear and tear item right down to the doors ,so don't drive the car and its all covered drive it and nothing is covered ,as when you drive your car you are wearing it out what a bloody farce ,so Dania warranty is not worth the paper it's written on ,my Logan went in for its ers service and came back with a stiff gearbox, battery going flat over nite, and the auto stop start not working ,the car was perfect when it went in ,I am waiting see what this mess is going to cost me,my wife and myself are both disabled and on crutches,they do not have a courtesy car we could have we could hire a car from them this garage is a joke ,new disc and pads at 21 thousand miles strange as the ones I had fitted have a 3 year or 60 thousand mile warranty so why should Dania disc wear out so quick ,and of course disc are a wear and tear item hahahaha ,they wanted £400 to do disc and pads I bought the disc and pads and had them fitted for less than £80 , as soon as the car is put right this time I will be changing the garage I use and the best of all the warranty still applies even at another garage for what use the warranty is worth ,so don't drive your car and warranty is good hahahaha

·
Registered
103 Posts
All car warranties do not cover wear and tear. However, premature wear and tear would be covered due to defects, if a part wore out before it should have due to a manufacturing defect. So you doors would be covered is they fell off, the locks stopped working, the windows stopped working, the hinges stopped working correctly etc.

New pads and disks at 21k seems early-ish but it would depend on the nature of the mileage and not just the mileage. When I had a company car and I was regularly travelling from the UK to Europe is did about 40k a year and the first disks and pads lasted about 60k. However on my wifes Fiat 500 just used for town driving and small commutes we did the pads and disks at 20k but that was at 4 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts