UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

My gearbox appears to have died. It is stuck in gear and the gear lever is solid. Have disconnected the gear change mechanism rods which free the gear stick up so it's definitely a gearbox fault. Probably a selector fork. However I'm currently residing in France but my logan is a UK right hand drive version. Just wondering if a gearbox from a lefty will fit? I know the clutch pedal and linkage etc is on the opposite side but the linkage connector arms look in the same place from the images I have seen. Any thoughts?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
376 Posts
Breakers here in France have to be registered, and as you seem to be a competent mechanic (no, not being patronising), if it were me I’d find your nearest one and ask to have a look at one. Our nearest, when I scrapped our old Laguna, seemed very helpful, and a quick check on the external linkage should tell you all you need to know. Also if the breaker’s any good he should be able to suggest any commonality with Renault/Dacia equivalents, given the numbers of such cars here, as I’m sure you know!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Breakers here in France have to be registered, and as you seem to be a competent mechanic (no, not being patronising), if it were me I’d find your nearest one and ask to have a look at one. Our nearest, when I scrapped our old Laguna, seemed very helpful, and a quick check on the external linkage should tell you all you need to know. Also if the breaker’s any good he should be able to suggest any commonality with Renault/Dacia equivalents, given the numbers of such cars here, as I’m sure you know!
Thanks JLB (& for your complement regarding my mechanical skills). I have found a gearbox here which actually comes from a UK RHD drive Logan. However, although the code which I was given by a Dacia dealer here in France of JR5 373 is the same there is another number which I obtained from a friend who is a mechanic in UK. The code he was given for my vehicle was 320109328R. However, he was told that this was a superseding number. So Basically he was told I need JR5 373 320109328R. The uk box I have found at breakers here in France is JR5 373 32010883R. Looking at pictures of the two different boxes there appears to be a difference on the face edge of the casting where it meets the engine but the studs and bolt holes etc all in the correct place as are engine mounts. The only difference between the UK Logan 2 broken for parts here in France from mine is it's a 1.5 dci 75 bhp whereas mine is a 90 bhp. So maybe they fitted a different box to the 75 bhp? Or maybe not and the box was just superseded and has a slightly different face edge.

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
376 Posts
When you say face edge of the casting where it meets the engine I presume you mean the clutch housing? Your problem seems to be the engine the box came off rather than the box itself, and matching the clutch housing is obviously a major issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts