UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has already been posted (I did search but couldn't see anything.)

I've been offered the Gen-3 glass coat and am just wondering if it's worth taking - we do have a very mucky puppy but I'm not sure how resistant it is to mud which would be my main concern.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
I opted for the G3 glasscoat treatment after reading the brochure the salesman gave to me to take home. The not needing to polish for 5 years @ £199.00 appealed to me ! The interior upholstery certainly feels that it would repel surface dirt however time will tell as I only collected the car on Thursday ! You pays your money and take a chance sometimes. !! :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I opted for the G3 glasscoat treatment after reading the brochure the salesman gave to me to take home. The not needing to polish for 5 years @ £199.00 appealed to me ! The interior upholstery certainly feels that it would repel surface dirt however time will tell as I only collected the car on Thursday ! You pays your money and take a chance sometimes. !! :)
That's odd... I've been told its £299 unless I take it with the Gap insurance which is also £299 and I can get both at a special price of £500... Hmm..

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
That's odd... I've been told its £299 unless I take it with the Gap insurance which is also £299 and I can get both at a special price of £500... Hmm..
Renault Wolverhampton charged £199.00 inc. VAT and thats what I paid ! But they wanted £350.00 for GAP which I did't have ! No special price offered ! :-(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Renault Wolverhampton charged £199.00 inc. VAT and thats what I paid ! But they wanted £350.00 for GAP which I did't have ! No special price offered ! :-(
Seems like there's a variation in price going on!!! I'm definitely going to take GAP but still not convinced on the Glass coat, though I've got awhile to think about it :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can I just say whatever you do don't take the dealer supplied GAP insurance no matter what sort of deal they offer as you can purchase GAP insurance elsewhere for well under £100 on a return to invoice basis for three years cover.

This is what I got from GAPINSURANCE123 : -

Policy type: Combined Return to Invoice
Length of cover: 3 years
Claim Limit: £7500GBP
-----------------------------
Price Paid Today: £79GBP (inclusive of IPT)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can I just say whatever you do don't take the dealer supplied GAP insurance no matter what sort of deal they offer as you can purchase GAP insurance elsewhere for well under £100 on a return to invoice basis for three years cover.

This is what I got from GAPINSURANCE123 : -

Policy type: Combined Return to Invoice
Length of cover: 3 years
Claim Limit: £7500GBP
-----------------------------
Price Paid Today: £79GBP (inclusive of IPT)
D: That's a lot different!!

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Thanks to Filthy Felix for the info on GAP Insurance, I have just purchased it from GAP123 @ £79.00 for the same cover, well worth it for peace of mind ! :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
I bought a Rover 825 a few years back in Germany and it started to peel Like pieces of plastic skin was coming off it !I am sure it had had some sort of treatment but it looked a ruddy mess

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
I bought a Rover 825 a few years back in Germany and it started to peel Like pieces of plastic skin was coming off it !I am sure it had had some sort of treatment but it looked a ruddy mess
I have seen lots of Rovers peeling, especially Red ones for some reason!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts