UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
View attachment 16841 Hi folks

well George :wub: is beside himself with excitement...and almost uncontrollable scampering about and mis-behaving on the drive....and how i'll ever get him to calm down I dont know...

I was sitting on Christmas eve watching telly chatting with friends, like you do...and we were all thinking about New Year and stuff like that....and within 36 hours Antavi's plane from Bucharest had landed in Glasgow...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S AMAZING and wonderful.....and we have all had the BEST time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because Antavi has spent SO much time in the Forum naughty corner I had arranged for the appropriate welcoming committee for him

View attachment 16873

:ph34r: :blink:

within no time he was driving George down to meet Macnamara

View attachment 16833

The birdies on the dashboard, bless them look at their faces... were less than impressed with being tossed onto the back seat :lol: :D

View attachment 16945

Either that or the birdies were wondering wot exactly Antavi was up to...dont like to say but.....the phrase "it might be an idea to drive on the correct side of the road" may have escaped my lips.... :rolleyes:

The day of the drive down was glorious...the A1 at its best....pretty much deserted with glorious sunshine....wot the photos dont show is the hurricane force winds from Storm Frank...

View attachment 16849

View attachment 16857

View attachment 16865

It didnt take Macnamara long to "force and coerce" Antavi to the local....to partake in a customary pint...

it wasnt John Smiths tho.....it was Black Sheep....hmmmmm wonder why !

View attachment 16881

View attachment 16889

then time for a "cheeky Nandos" in central Newcastle and a bit of shopping

View attachment 16897

before heading off in search of Hadrians Wall, and the Vindolanda and Housestead Forts....so DM and Antavi have now crossed the entire Roman Empire....from the wall in the NW to the port at Histria on the Danube delta in the SE on the Black Sea coast..incredible !!

View attachment 16905

Wot the photos dont show is the force of the wind...and how cold it was....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The A68 is one of the most picturesque roads in Britain with the views and vistas of the Cheviots, the switchbacks, and the wild moors, at the Border...the wind was by now gusting at 70-80mph...the conditions George loves and was designed to cope with.. !

View attachment 16913

View attachment 16921

no apologies for my hairdo....!

Celebrations of Hogmanay were care of the Street party in Edinburgh and the Amber Rose pub on Castle Street....with the Peatbog Faeries providing some of the best Celtic folk music, ambience, and bon hommie Ive experienced....folk dancing in the street from ALL nations it was incredible...

At 10pm we celebrated Romanian New Year --- LA MULTI ANI, and at midnight...ours !

View attachment 16929

My "first foot" after the bells of midnight arrived bearing gifts and even fit the description of "tall dark handsome male" so my home will surely be blessed for 2016 B) B)

SO

we raise our glasses to ALL our forum friends, wishing you all and all those that you hold dear, health, wealth and happiness for 2016

Happy New Year and La Multi Ani

Noroc ! Cheers ! Slàinte mhath!

thank you forum friends for entertaining us for 3 years, thank you Dacia for bringing the cars to the rest of Europe

Antavi and DM x

View attachment 16937

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
Hmmmmm If I remember correctly Antavi didn't need much forcing or coercing,neither did DM :D :D :D

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
Seriously though it was tremendous to finally meet Antavi ''in the flesh'' :) a great day in superb company. The pics are excellent Hogmanay in Edinburgh looks a good night out

PS it wasn't that cold, it never is in Northumberland ;) ;) :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Thank u DM for wot was a ones in a lifetime experience great to finally meet these fabulous friends in the flesh and their amazing families and friends thank u Scotland and the rest of Great Britain for such a warm and generous welcome thank u all for being my friends across the globe thank u for the memories and history thank u Edinburgh for a mesmerizing new year party for that awesome Celtic band and for that unforgettable time that I will always cherish in my heart. Love u all. Thank u so much

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Glad you guys had a ball.Antavi, now you have experienced for yourself the wonderful warmth of a Geordie welcome, we're great aren't we! I miss the North East terribly. Thank you for tagging me in your Facebook post at Hogmanay, I was definitely there in spirit. Although my sister in law rang Mr Fondeo and asked why he'd allowed his wife to go running up to Scotland for New Year's Eve!

Same again next year????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts