UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...

I went outside today to clean George....and I noticed it looked as though his nearside tyre was down a bit !

Odd thought I....what's all that about..?

SO...

took him to the local tyre place and got them to check....

He had a 6cm screw in the tyre....and the pressure was down to 10 psi !!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

How long had it been like that ?????? I was doing 70mph on the by-pass yesterday !

SO

Turns out.....they had no Continental tyres like his in stock....and so have to wait til thursday to get it replaced...

Thank goodness the 4x4 comes with the spare tyre...!!!!

OMG.... :eek:

so bless him....

George :wub: has a "poorly paw" ....so took him down to the seaside to cheer him up...

good views across to Edinburgh today !

DM xx

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Not repairable then?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not repairable then?
yes ....have been advised it IS repairable ...so will chat to a different garage on monday and get it sorted....

in the meantime...thankfully the spare wheel is a proper one, and not a doughnut.....and fits properly....

but

doesn't match the shiney other ones :(

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankfully i've been sensibly advised that George's tyre is mendable

and that I should get it repaired....which is what I am going to do...but its got to wait til monday cos my local place is shut now

but

the price I was quoted for replacement of the one tyre was over £120....

this was at a tyre replacement company that is distributed throughout the UK...

and they put the spare on for me, which was good of them...

I am aware that you can get them cheaper online, and if you put the tyre specifications into the online search engines many other options and prices come up...

DM x

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bad luck D&M hope you get George sorted soon. But at least he got a trip out today
thanks Furbs...just frustrating...and thankfully I noticed, he was a bit "soft" around a couple of roundabouts last night on the way home

now I think about it...

so it may have been there then...

the guys at the local garage (HQ) are really really good...so they'll see me right....

glad it can be repaired to be honest

;)

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
So should 'George' post in 'Today I .......'?

I mean he's lost his virginity ...... his first screw, something to boast about? :lol:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hey if they repair it they just pull a material into the hole which fixes the Hole (I would ask for a tube to be put in as well ) better safe than sorry

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Hey if they repair it they just pull a material into the hole which fixes the Hole (I would ask for a tube to be put in as well ) better safe than sorry
sorry to disagree

but the tube is more hazardous can cause explosion

i had such a repair its a slice of leather with glue plugged in into the hole

and the tyre took me another 60.000km no problem and it was on front right tyre ;)

·
Registered
895 Posts
You are allowed to disagree !!! Thats what forums are for

Mmmmm I must be showing my age again I have just surfed the www and found that you are correct (Not about them exploding though) But I would NEVER put a repaired tire on the car I would keep it as a spare but never on the car and NOT on the front right !

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
You are allowed to disagree !!! Thats what forums are for

Mmmmm I must be showing my age again I have just surfed the www and found that you are correct (Not about them exploding though) But I would NEVER put a repaired tire on the car I would keep it as a spare but never on the car and NOT on the front right !
on that car, was the white company logan sedan, i switched the tyres front to back and so on every 30.000km

they took me up to 90.000km until i bought new 4pcs fulda tires,

but one of them was the repaired one

after the repair is done is better that u use the tyre since the repair is on the thread is not on the side wall of the tyre

u can put it on the back axle thou not on the front one

·
Registered
895 Posts
sorry to disagree

but the tube is more hazardous can cause explosion

i had such a repair its a slice of leather with glue plugged in into the hole

and the tyre took me another 60.000km no problem and it was on front right tyre ;)
on that car, was the white company logan sedan, i switched the tyres front to back and so on every 30.000km

they took me up to 90.000km until i bought new 4pcs fulda tires,

but one of them was the repaired one

after the repair is done is better that u use the tyre since the repair is on the thread is not on the side wall of the tyre

u can put it on the back axle thou not on the front one

Will you please make up your mind mate ! But to tell the truth I know what I would do with mine :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
i already have had my mind made up since the car now would have 500.000km on clock and its long gone

in case that u didnt understood when i had the repair the tire was on the front

for all tires to be equally used u have to switch them at regular intervals

i ve choose to do it at every 30.000km, and they lasted all 4 of them 90.000km (matador sommerreifen)

and my advice if she dont feel safe with that tire she can keep it on the back axle from where it is actually

1 - 20 of 64 Posts