1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

Can you believe it :eek: ????

Cos i certainly can't !

George :wub: is ready for his first service, and so is booked in at the Dealers tomorrow.

I shall take him to the "buffers" first, so that he looks even more shiney and gleaming than average.

And then take him in.

I hope he'll be ok....but they will attach him to the "life support machine" and get a read out...

And hopefully all will be well...

So going to have them also check a few other things to be on the safe side...

The tracking, the headlight adjustment upwards, have them check the door seals again, etc etc...

Hopefully he won't be in too long...I'm night shift tomorrow night...so i wonder what delightful car they

have planned for me...a beige fiat 500 like Maud....or a lime green corsa... :huh:

AND...there is a code yellow for snow on friday... :eek: :eek:

(admittedly nothing like what Antavi and Ionutzzz and folk are facing in Bucharest and Romania....(google it.....its horrific)...stay safe and keep warm guys :)

SO i'm at risk of snow and ice and wont have George, my trusted steed, to keep me safe....

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

I shall let you all know how George :wub: gets on

DM xx

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sending best wishes to George! He will be fine...

Sent from my HTC One S using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Annie....

i hate taking cars in to be serviced or MOT'd....

its worse than the dentist, waiting for the verdict....and that sharp intake of breath through gritted teeth that

mechanics seem to take glee in....

...." well there's a sprocket, and a grommet, and a widget, and a wotsit, and a thingummy....."

that'll be ALOT of money please....!

am blessing the day...i took out the service plan ....woo hoo !

·
Registered
457 Posts
thanks Annie....

i hate taking cars in to be serviced or MOT'd....

its worse than the dentist, waiting for the verdict....and that sharp intake of breath through gritted teeth that
mechanics seem to take glee in....

...." well there's a sprocket, and a grommet, and a widget, and a wotsit, and a thingummy....."

that'll be ALOT of money please....!

am blessing the day...i took out the service plan ....woo hoo !
I'm not sad to see the back of MOTs for a while, that's for sure.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Glad to hear George is ready for his firs check-up.

About the snow.. I live in Constanta area and the snow storms already past Bucharest and got here. I wished snow but not this much, and this late.. I wouldn't let even a dog out it this weather, mountains of snow, freezing wind, the blizzard blinds you, the roads are blocked, schools are closed but the workplaces are open :( , if you can get there, .

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sad to see the back of MOTs for a while, that's for sure.

tell me about it...!!!!

my old Astra mark 3 once cost over £900....it died on the A9....the pistons tried to come through the engine block...

spat bits all over the road and everything !!!

then the C4....well just don't.... the parts on those are SO expensive....glad to be rid !

And now i have new George !!!!

:D

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to hear George is ready for his firs check-up.

About the snow.. I live in Constanta area and the snow storms already past Bucharest and got here. I wished snow but not this much, and this late.. I wouldn't let even a dog out it this weather, mountains of snow, freezing wind, the blizzard blinds you, the roads are blocked, schools are closed but the workplaces are open :( , if you can get there, .
Awww Ionutz :eek:

stay warm and indoors....i've seen the vids of constanta on protv....it looks just awful....

So long as you are all warm, safe, dry, with food in the cupboard and heating....thats the main thing...

best wishes

DM xx

·
Registered
771 Posts
had my lovely BLUE duster 1st service 2 weeks ago took them 1hr no problems Dm you will not miss George for long

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well...George :wub: is in

attached to the "life support" as we speak... :unsure:

bless him :unsure:

i get him back tomorrow eve...yes i know it doesn't take long but i'm nite shift tonight and its complicated !

feels wrong not having him on the drive.... :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
It would be interesting to see what they actually do in the first service.
Because I think the spark plugs are not replaced or the air filter.
I believe it is only the engine oil that is changed. Not sure about the oil filter as well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It would be interesting to see what they actually do in the first service.
Because I think the spark plugs are not replaced or the air filter.
I believe it is only the engine oil that is changed. Not sure about the oil filter as well.
Think its about the same with a lot of cars both my puntos had very little done on the first service

·
Registered
771 Posts
oil, oil filter was replaced on mine wheels removed to check brakes. I know this happened because I was stood watching

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
they have a list of what is done....its quite long and extensive....and looks like the MOT list to be honest...

i did read it...but to be honest it was in one ear and out the other !

so long as they do it...

i don't mind !!

·
Registered
836 Posts
so long as they do it...

i don't mind !!
The dodge i caught Citroen doing was the Service Stores list . Citroen have a computer list of everything which is required for a service , this is printed on the invoice and stores use it to supply the workshop with the materials . On my 3rd service to keep the warranty i had grown suspicious of the service quality so i marked a few objects and made sure all the levels were topped and new where possible . Even though the workshop had not used the items as they did not need changing they were still on the final bill , (including the pollen filter which takes a lot of time to gain access to and according to them had been changed but had not ) . Went ballistic at the service manager .

The garage either put the items back in store and 'resell ' to the next persons service or workshops take them home and put them on ebay , take you choice .

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got George :wub: back this evening

woo hoo !!!

All checked and passed and tweeked and sorted.

The had obviously tightened the clutch, and brakes (discovered as i said "hello" to the dashboard at the traffic lights !!!!)

Took the courtesy car back....it was a brand spanking new, bright red clio

Drives really nicely, zoomy and nippy....was a 5 gear petrol...and kept trying to put it in 6th !!!! LOL

Felt close to the ground a bit like a go-kart after george tho !!!!

And i must say.....the all round vision is MUCH better in the duster...

But for a little car, it was lovely...and comfy...and nice to drive....

And a better colour than that beige monstrocity of beigeness that Maud had !!!!! LOL

DM xx

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
A red car Mutt?? Makes me think of that Rod Stewart song - she was tall, thin and tarty , and she drove a Maserati.

Glad George is back home safely. And watch out for that tree.(George of the Jungle??? Sorry have had 3 glasses of South African Shiraz x x )

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A red car Mutt?? Makes me think of that Rod Stewart song - she was tall, thin and tarty , and she drove a Maserati.

Glad George is back home safely. And watch out for that tree.(George of the Jungle??? Sorry have had 3 glasses of South African Shiraz x x )
tall.....thin......TARTY.....??????

:ph34r: who is this they talk about ?????

can't be me....????

surely ?????? ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts