UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done it, ordered my Dacia Sandero Stepway Laureate in cinder red with comfort pack.

Hopefully it will be with me mid December.

Just been looking a few things to buy for it any ideas welcome

so far boot liner and mats

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Done it, ordered my Dacia Sandero Stepway Laureate in cinder red with comfort pack.

Hopefully it will be with me mid December.

Just been looking a few things to buy for it any ideas welcome

so far boot liner and mats
Welcome coxy17,

Good choice ! Petrol or diesel ? ;)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
diesel as i will be doing a few miles a year test drove the diesel twice and was very impressed

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I added the following to mine since having it -

Boot liner
Mats
Armrest (inc. lining the inner pocket)
Sunglasses holder
Covered the boot lip with carpet
Bonnet Seal
Changed interior lights for LEDs
Upgraded headight bulbs

Some will also say to change the wiper blades, but mine have been great so far so won't change them until they need it.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I added the following to mine since having it -

Boot liner
Mats
Armrest (inc. lining the inner pocket)
Sunglasses holder
Covered the boot lip with carpet
Bonnet Seal
Changed interior lights for LEDs
Upgraded headight bulbs

Some will also say to change the wiper blades, but mine have been great so far so won't change them until they need it.
If your were considering GAP insurance, don't buy it from Renault/Dacia ! You can get the same cover from companies on the www like GAP123 for instance for a quarter of the price !! ;)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have looked on the web for gap insurance and there is not much in it when i look

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
i have looked on the web for gap insurance and there is not much in it when i look
My dealer wanted £299.00 for three years cover. I paid £78.00 though GAP123 for 'back to invoice price' for three years cover ! ;)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have got it cheaper from the dealer and when i called gap123 they where only £10 cheaper

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did get the price down from the dealer and gap123 said it was more expensive due to my age

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've read so much bad stuff here against so little good that I've been put off a Stepway, for now at least. I'll rethink when my cars done 100,000m in twelve months time or so. I've been round all the dealers, can't find anything I want to buy or at least that I'm prepared to fork out for. Nothing compares to a Stepway on boot space and equipment against price. In the meantime I love reading, and occasionally commenting on, subjects within this forum ????

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I've read so much bad stuff here against so little good that I've been put off a Stepway, for now at least. I'll rethink when my cars done 100,000m in twelve months time or so. I've been round all the dealers, can't find anything I want to buy or at least that I'm prepared to fork out for. Nothing compares to a Stepway on boot space and equipment against price. In the meantime I love reading, and occasionally commenting on, subjects within this forum
So much bad, so little good ? I don't understand !! :eek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi where did you get the sunglass holder from and what headlight bulb did you use cheers darron I have the Laureate DCI stepway

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Hi where did you get the sunglass holder from and what headlight bulb did you use cheers darron I have the Laureate DCI stepway
Hi dazer67 !

I got my the sunglasses holder ( known as a Range Lunette) and fixings from my local Renault/Dacia Dealer, they are for a Renault Megan, if that helps.

There is an artical on the forum with fitting instuctions and part numbers if you care to search it out.

Haven't updated my headlight bulbs yet, quite happy with the originals at the moment !! ;)

Roger.

·
Registered
155 Posts
So much bad, so little good ? I don't understand !! :eek:
It's seems, on balance, that there's more bad stuff said than good. Rust, poor headlights, dodgy door seals, doors that won't close, central locking that operates on it's own, multiple trips to the dealer, numerous phone calls to customer services and the rest. There's no doubt that there's loads of good stuff too, owners seem to love their Dacia. I really like the uncomplicated design, simple features and build quality, at least to the touch. I love the space for the money.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Disagree on the touch part' first time I used the door handle on a Sandero I was shocked if that's not too strong a word at their quality or lack off' felt very light and unsubstantial

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's seems, on balance, that there's more bad stuff said than good. Rust, poor headlights, dodgy door seals, doors that won't close, central locking that operates on it's own, multiple trips to the dealer, numerous phone calls to customer services and the rest. There's no doubt that there's loads of good stuff too, owners seem to love their Dacia. I really like the uncomplicated design, simple features and build quality, at least to the touch. I love the space for the money.
I think you'll find the same about any brand of car and I don't think the Stepway is any better or worse from that point of view. It's just that we've got a more active forum here so you find out more about problems which I would add are usually solved without delay. The way you're putting it is like there are hundreds of people complaining about " Rust, poor headlights, dodgy door seals, doors that won't close, central locking that operates on it's own". You're exaggerating and in the meantime you're missing out on a nice car.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts