UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,853 Posts
If you download movies (ahem!) you can put them into mp4 format on your computer and cast them directly to your tv via the google chrome browser. I can watch all the sports I like on my tv via the internet and the chrome browser. There are loads of apps that work on android, and a couple that work on the iPhone iPad too. YouTube, netflix, select what you want to watch on the phone and cast to the tv, the devise then plays it via the wifi- it plugs directly into an hdmi slot.

If you are considering buying Apple TV (£100) you really need to check this out first, as Apple TV is jerky when casting from the computer, chromecast is faultless! Had it 2 months and I'm amazed. So much so we now have bought another chromecast for the other room.

Seriously, check it out!

http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromecast/

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love my Chromecast!!

Found an app called Show Box which is excellent for movies.

Reactions: Geraint

·
Registered
27 Posts
does showbox work on iPhone too??? cheers
That I don't know. I suppose as long as you've something like AllCast to stream to the Chromecast...

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
On the desktop it searches your drives for movies and music. I use a Chrome plug-in. It then goes and gets details from the internet, film reviews, cover images etc. Arranges them neatly for you so you can select what you want to view, and then cast it to the TV.

Plex for Android also does the same on a phone or tablet, and either cast them from the phone/tablet to the TV or plays them on tablet/phone screen. Handy for watching in bed or in the garden etc.

This is all with the free version. If you pay I think you can also watch your movies when away from home, over the net, but I don't do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts