UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left it and drive home to get my volvo 744 to take the trailer to my sommerplace.

Can it be the driveknot? It is not same but simular noise to the left before i change the hole
driveshaft. it dunks one time when get speed then silence.as long as it gets drive...when rolling it donks (scramles)the hole time...when brakes it
silensed but if i let it roll again the noise is back...no vibrations is feeling.
Is the right and left driveshaft the same?....can find left in internet but not right one....
Ordered when i changed the left one som i could change botg but the right one was wrong
so i sent it back. when i turn and get gas it is not te heavy scramble noise as if driveknot is gone.
The left went with round 8tousand swedish mil...this one just before 12tousand mil.
and the clutch needs soon to change. 2013 sandero stepway 3cyl petrol 5 speed manual. 205/65/16

·
Registered
285 Posts
Couldn't fully understand!
Anyway both drive shafts are different in length.
1) check the rubber boots at both ends for cracks & grease leakage.
2) In an open, dry, hard surfaced place, drive in a tight circle to one side & to the opposite side and listen for any noises from the joints.
Remember the grease used is specific for this & original shafts should come w/ grease in a plastic pouch.
Don't use your 0.9L Sandero to haul trailers! Your clutch has also suffered.

PS: Is your horn working fine? I remember that old post!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The horn is as its best...so simple to fix at low cost...the clutch was the pedal already taking high up when i bought the car
and it has not changed in round 40000km...so I drive with it because parts was not to fix cause partsstore was out of order(rebuilt)...Yes it rassels in the driveshaft,,,but after holidayseason I should take it on a lift and check...It is not the
bearing...because in speed the wheels is not wobbling. See if I can get ocm nr to the shaft so i can order by autodoc
to cost under half price that the Daciadealet takes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it lift up tonight...then i drive with the 3-gear in line...when i get gas so is it hacking...
the noise is coming fron the gearbox side....no grease or damage to the crankshaft...on outside.
Been afraid that it is more to come...maby the gearbox is damage also where the axel is set in.
Anyone here who has been with this fault?

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,334 Posts
If you normally use a 2 Litre minimum big Volvo to tow your trailer no wonder you may have a problem. Did you check the towing limits on the Stepway?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts