UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skrich Was that you I spotted in Wangford on Saturday?? I had just pulled out of that service station next to the Plough, almost caught up with you (if indeed it was you) at Pobbleton but you suddenly veered off to the left - don't your indicators work????

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
It might have been me. I'd been over to Blythburgh and got lost somewhere near Crannitch - I think I may have detoured thru Wangford. I didn't spot you though. I was veering to avoid potholes and not end up in a **** so bit too busy to signal..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Wangford...?? Pobbleton ...???

Are you serious !!!!!???? LOL !!! :D :D :D :D

I love British place names !

Or is Maud stalking you again Skrich??

I thought you'd got a court order preventing her from doing this again :ph34r: :wacko:

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stalking him again next weekend, Mutt, going to the Angel in Lavenham on a Living Social voucher then off to Cockfield. I do love Suffolk.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Lots of ***** in East Anglia Geraint - quite a lot of ****-jumping as well but I've given that up since the sciatica started.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Stalking him again next weekend, Mutt, going to the Angel in Lavenham on a Living Social voucher then off to Cockfield. I do love Suffolk.
and she'll be at home as it's not far from Drinkstone...... In fairness Maud you will have to pass Cockley to get to Suffolk.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do know Drinkstone, we will be passing through it on our way to try that coffee shop at Barton Bottom, is it any good??

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
A guy walks into a bar in deepest Suffolk and orders a white wine.
All the locals stare.
The bartender says, "You'm bain't be from around here, are ya?"
The guy says, "No, I'm from Essex."
The bartender says, "What do you do in Essex?"
The guy says, "I'm a taxidermist."
The bartender says, "A taxidermist? What the hell is a taxidermist? Do you drive a taxi?"
"No, a taxidermist doesn't drive a taxi. I mount animals."
The bartender grins and hollers, "It's okay boys. He's one of us.
I've drunk in that pub......

I do know Drinkstone, we will be passing through it on our way to try that coffee shop at Barton Bottom, is it any good??
Yes it's still okay.Their iced buns are fabulous.

Try this walk

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/article-1356402829141/

and if you get chance to detour before reaching Long Melford check out the rood screen in the church in the grounds of Throbley Hall.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Iced buns, very cheeky!!!! Will have to see if they have rump steak on the menu.

The walk looks lovely (fancy that WW2 pillbox still being there!!) But just one problem - does not seem to involve any pubs along the way.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Sorry, the writing is a bit small on my map! :rolleyes:

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Throbley Knobley Barton Bottom and jumping ***** in Wangford???? I'm sure there's more going on here than meets the eye!

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This weekend however we are staying at the Angel in Lavenham, a Marco Pierre White hotel. It's all this nouvelle cuisine stuff so Skrich has kindly advised me that the Co-op down the road sells jolly nice biscuits to fill up on after the posh dinner.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
the Co-op down the road sells jolly nice biscuits to fill up on after the posh dinner.
They might even have a Ginsters section and a microwave...... Maybe not though, it's Lavenham after all, where even the dog bins are pedigree.

I've been all over Sufolk today and not seen another Dacia. I've bought a kettle in Kettleburgh, went hunting in Huntingfield, got a bruise in Bruisyard, saw **** in Mickfield, popped into Cretingham and spoke to some..... locals, and then came home via Bressingham - but that wasn't quite as uplifting as I'd hoped.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts