UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since last summer our car started making a grinding noise when braking it gradually got worse, it has been in 4 times since and still they say there isn't anything wrong, I have been driving 15yrs never had this before, we have two small children and we are very wary about taken them out in it,any advice be great thanks

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Take it to a different place for a second opinion, could be any number of reasons but also ask your friendly mot centre to test the brake efficiency and see if it throws anything up, if not then at least for piece of mind you'll know its noise rather than a safety concern.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Keeka1 I had same prob with my stepdway got it checked by the mechanic who,s done my services for the past 25yrs cos dealer said nothin wrong with brakes, my mechanic said same but envercised that you great at lot of dust on brake pads with them being exposed to the element and not being the top quality brake pads , he recommended blasting them now and then with a jet wash to clean pads, I tried this and it made bit difference so every now and then I give them a blast, it doesn't completely aradacate this but does make better, hope this is some help .

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you raymond I will get my other half to do it see if it helps, they say brakes are still working still a worry with having kids in it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts