UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been wondering if that nice Mr Haines has managed to get his spanners on a Dacia to do a "Based on a complete strip down and rebuild" manual.

Probably sat in the waiting room somewhere.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Haynes only do service manuals these days, nowhere near a comprehensive as the repair manuals they used to publish. They only make the decision to produce a manual after a car has been on sale for three years and it has sold a certain number (lots) of units.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Several cars ago I called at their HQ to ask why there was no manual for my then car. Was given a request card to fill in and was told that they do respond to requests from the public if there is sufficient demand. ie. the issue is in our hands if we are prepared to "badger" them.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Several cars ago I called at their HQ to ask why there was no manual for my then car. Was given a request card to fill in and was told that they do respond to requests from the public if there is sufficient demand. ie. the issue is in our hands if we are prepared to "badger" them.
I doubt it will be worth their while until there are at least 100,000 of any model on the road and out of warranty. Even so the DIY motorist is becoming scarce with the increasing complexity of cars. In my day it was a case of fix it yourself or walk, and it usually involved a hammer and screwdriver, with a service required every three to five thousand miles with fettling in between. I have changed big end shells laying in a gutter, and done cylinder head off decoke and valve grinds in the open air. never again, so Haynes manual not required. This is probably why they have diversified into other areas of publishing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts