UK Dacia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the Stepway 09TCe 6 months now and am very happy with it in most respects, especially in regards to cost.

I have noticed just lately that when applying the handbrake the warning light does not always come on or is slow to come on. Not a major concern as my ingrained habit is to remove handbrake before setting off anyway, so will let dealer know when goes in for service.

Just wondered if anyone else had this, and if maybe a squirt of WD40 may help?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ditto on my 65 plate Stepway doesn't work at all. Can't be arsed to make the 40 mile round trip to dealers leave it till 1st service in September unless anything else crops up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I thought it was just me, at least they should be aware it is an issue, weird as still works now and again some times when you park up its off and when you return and turn on ignition it is on. Switches must stick?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys i got the same problem . Could you tell me exactly where you squirted the wd40 please ? I tried looking but i cant see any electrical part .

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance
1,672 Posts
It is a plunger type switch mounted down on the passenger side of the metal handbrake mounting bracket.

If you have the full central console it may be easier if you remove it. It is held in place by a single screw concealed by the rear cup holder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts