UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3500 miles up and just completed a 300 mile business trip from Chichester to Cambridge and covered everything from motorway driving in heavy rain and spray everywhere (this will test for any leaks I thought!) through A and B road driving and into the town rush hour traffic. Journey back today was in brilliant sunshine with AC on all the way to keep cool.

Results: No leaks :) , Excellent average fuel consumption at 50MPG (from the fuel computer), and also to my surprise the car handled the M25/M11 motorway sections better than my previous Renault Megane, much more comfortable and cruising along at 70 MPH (and a little above in places) was a breeze. The only noticeable difference was increased cabin noise which is understandable and to be expected.

Verdict: the Duster is a lot more versatile than I gave it credit for, I bought it initially because I needed the extra boot space and of course the excellent value for money.

So in short I am very very happy with my purchase.

Here's a funny thing, I filled it up to the brim just outside Chichester for the first time and when I nearing Cambridge, it had not even moved off the top bar, so I thought, oh no I have the stuck fuel gauge problem that has been reported by a couple of forum members! Then to my amusement and relief a bar went out, never been so relieved to see signs of fuel consumption !

Reading this forum can actually make you look for problems and think you have them!

One other thing, felt very uncomfortable driving all that way with no spare, especially when I passed a Range Rover with a very flat tyre ! definitely my next purchase via Karl !

·
Registered
182 Posts
l totally agree with your comment about unperceived problems its like somebody sneezing and you think you've got a cold![which does'nt mean the other one has'nt]as to the spare,l hate driving without one ,also awaiting karl,be patient with lead times though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts