UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi...i am new to the forum

Just asking this question as i was going to buy the Sandero Access and covert it in to a van but ended buying the Stepway instead (get more for your money).

I run a small cleaning business,i already have a normal van (Berlingo) but i was looking for a smaller van for the commercial cleaning side and double up as my daily driver...When i worked at a small MG /Rover garage, we add a 3 door Rover Streetwise which we converted in to a van, for picking up parts etc.The look of that car got us a lot of work...

Here is the photo shop of the van...Picking up Scally the Stepway in 2 weeks and hopefully getting down my signwriters

stepway.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Interesting question. Given that these are 5 door cars, there won't be any van conversion kits available. 3 door cars (like the Rover 25 you mentioned) lend themselves more to van conversion, and MGR offered both the Rover 25 and the MGZR in factory van configuration.

Your best bet is going to be to cover the rear door windows with vynil, whip out the back seats & and parcel shelf, then get some wooden boards in there to create a flat surface & protect the fuel tank which is below the rear bench seat.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The first generation Dacia Logan MCV was available as a 5 door van. As was the old Skoda Favorit 5 door estate. I am sure there must have been more than them as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Chrisgreen

Thanks for your post...The rear seats are to stay in & i was going to get the back door windows vinyl over...My friend still has a MK2 MG ZR Express van

Hi Timeliner Yes i remember the old skoda favorit van

Hi Nightsuperstephen Yes it would be easier to get a small van but i need the rear seats for my every day driver.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can use the vinyl that is for bus windows. It is perforated so looks solid from the outside but you can look through it from the inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi David H...I was hoping for Dacia UK to bring out the Dokker over here but i have phoned HQ and their answer was, their are now plans for the Dokker at the moment because of the Kangoo phase 2. Its a shame.. Do like the Stepway version. Just have to wait untill they bring it over here.

Hi nobbi1977 Thats the vinyl i was going to use.

Hi chrisgreen Me and the wife looked at the Logan mcv but she like the look of the Stepway as she will be driving it as well. For the commercial cleaning side all what's needed to go in the stepway are 2 vacuum cleaners, mop/ bucket and a carry case for the cleaning bits, not a lot not compared to my berlingo van.

Cheers guy's for your posts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cheers for posting that - the Logan looks really good mocked up as a van - shows Dacia is missing a trick there.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes..I have already told Dacia HQ this, they need to get the commercial side going i.e the Dokker to help small business

The Logan mcv would be very easy to make it look like a van because of the glass is bonded and can be easy vinyl over.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I saw a Duster during the week but he was on the opposite side of the A34, he had either colour coded tints or wrap on his windows b-post back and had his company graphics on them, it was a blue car and looked really good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts