UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Was thinking of changing the badge to a transformers badge. As already got transformers dust caps.
If you have got fancy metal tyre valve dust caps, check that you can still unscrew them. I put some on mine, couldn't get them off, had to cut the valves off and fit new ones with plastic caps ! 4 tyres had to come off, new valve & rebalance Cost me 40 quid ! :(

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi roger
This is quite common with alloy dust caps, the valve needs to be smeared with grease/copperslip to help prevent it. Talking from experience, cos like you I had the very same happen some years ago.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Same here, had 4 metal valve caps, they welded themselves on, got 3 off, couldn't shift the last one despite lashings of WD40.

Took it to the local tyre place who replaced the valve stem free of charge.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get then off before it was too late (took a pair of pliers and destroying half the dust cap) and have never used a set since.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Hi roger
This is quite common with alloy dust caps, the valve needs to be smeared with grease/copperslip to help prevent it. Talking from experience, cos like you I had the very same happen some years ago.
I know that now !!

I've got some almost Azurite Blue plastic ones from eBay now !! :wub:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts