UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched the new series of Top Gear last night, I know its a tongue in cheek motoring programme and often very funny..... but I was very disappointed when it came to the "star in the reasonably priced car" Rumours were abound that James May had got his way and it might be a Dacia (Duster or Sandero) but no it was a high spec Astra at 17K

How is 17K a reasonably priced car? I may associate with Paupers but non of my friends and family (normal working folks who mostly earn 2 to 4 quid above minimum wage and have a mortgage) could afford to spend £17 on a car (and Astra at that - nothing against them the car I'm trading into buy my Sandero is an Astra but I wouldn't have paid £17k for it)

Rant over!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
a very worthy rant... ! I'd have been more impressed had they gone for the bottom of the range basic one...which is the one most folk'll buy.

Or did Vauxhall bung them some dosh...or give it to them for free....

Cynical....yep !

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a very worthy rant... ! I'd have been more impressed had they gone for the bottom of the range basic one...which is the one most folk'll buy.

Or did Vauxhall bung them some dosh...or give it to them for free....

Cynical....yep !
I assume Vauxhall would supply it free of charge even a bog standard Astra would still be at least 12-13K still not cheap!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh and whilst I'm ranting the Clio they test drove was fantastic/spectacular but 19K for Clio? Are Renault on this planet For just 4k more I could have a brand new BMW 3 series!

Reactions: antavi

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
They'd have to delay the program till christmas if they wanted a Duster :lol: plus I think it's a bit lively for the use they'd put it to, I can see a lot of stars rolling it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
And another rant..

What the hell was the point of the race around the coast of New Zealand?

May in a £700,000 racing yacht and Clarkson in a rented Toyota. Clarkson all but wrote off the car and had to hire another one. Pointless.

Cost of New Zealand trip, vehicles, Yacht hire crew, etc.. You do the maths......And who pays for it? As licence payers, we do.

Another rant over.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
And another rant..

What the hell was the point of the race around the coast of New Zealand?

May in a £700,000 racing yacht and Clarkson in a rented Toyota. Clarkson all but wrote off the car and had to hire another one. Pointless.

Cost of New Zealand trip, vehicles, Yacht hire crew, etc.. You do the maths......And who pays for it? As licence payers, we do.

Another rant over.
entertaining though :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do like top gear but sometimes they should do some real motoring journalism not just silly races and wacky builds..... I also find it depressing that I often find a magazine motoring programme funnier than most sitcoms produced in the last ten years.....

oh a new totally different rant...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts