UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Stepway Sandero
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am attaching a photo of what may be the issue. The back hatchback door has a black plastic thing (see photo) that sticks out a little and may ensure a tight seal. There should be one on each side but the right one is missing. Anyone know what this is?
Below is my original post.
My new 2021 Stepway (which I've had for only six weeks!!!) just developed a rattling/squeaking kind of noise in the back. It isn't the LPG tank. I've removed everything from the back and it's still there, noticeable only on bumpier roads. It doesn't seem to be the hatchback. Has anyone experienced this? I have an appointment with the dealership next week but wanted to ask here first.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Stepway Sandero
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi i have the same on my duster,i think its my rear seat belt mounting near back window passenger side..maybe
Thanks MattdeHat - I will look into that but I wonder if it is this black piece of plastic that is missing on the hatchback door? See my updated post.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am attaching a photo of what may be the issue. The back hatchback door has a black plastic thing (see photo) that sticks out a little and may ensure a tight seal. There should be one on each side but the right one is missing. Anyone know what this is?
Below is my original post.
My new 2021 Stepway (which I've had for only six weeks!!!) just developed a rattling/squeaking kind of noise in the back. It isn't the LPG tank. I've removed everything from the back and it's still there, noticeable only on bumpier roads. It doesn't seem to be the hatchback. Has anyone experienced this? I have an appointment with the dealership next week but wanted to ask here first.
Just had a look at mine and they are slightly more "proud" of the mounting than yours. Deffo should be two though! Funnily enough I saw a review where one of them fell off when they opened the boot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
looks like the rubber stopper for the boot lid.also i was wondering if my jack and handle was tapping on the inner back wing as there is no sound proofing aroung them areas,thanks again

·
Registered
66 Posts
They are there to function two things.
They can be adjusted to trim the closed door to the body work for a flush fit and to also provide some tension against the lock to prevent rattling etc etc.
Why not try some folded cloth where the missing item is and see if things change/improve? Then you may get to the problem.

·
Registered
2021 Stepway Sandero
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: It was indeed the black rubber/plastic thing! The dealership replaced it and we're all good. The piece comes out rather easily and somehow it got knocked out.

·
Registered
2021 Stepway Sandero
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are there to function two things.
They can be adjusted to trim the closed door to the body work for a flush fit and to also provide some tension against the lock to prevent rattling etc etc.
Why not try some folded cloth where the missing item is and see if things change/improve? Then you may get to the problem.
We did try to stuff some foam padding in that area but it didn't help much. It was the black rubber piece that we needed. Dealership replaced it. All good now! Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts