UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you really used your 4x4 for what it was designed for?
Yes4556.96%
No1215.19%
No, I have a 4x2 and i have used it off road911.39%
No, I have a 4x2 and have not been off road1316.46%

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well for those of you with a 4x4 duster have you used your 4x4 for what it was disigned for? summer time on the road driving does not count really.

sand, mud, snow, do.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
I havent really used the 4x4 properly really yet. The only time I see the benefit is when I visit my daughter (which is very often!) and she lives on a new estate that is still being built, there is one entrance where the road is not yet finished and all the jcbs and wagons go up and down it so its covered in mud so when I drive on there I get the benefit for all of 2 minutes?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I havent really used the 4x4 properly really yet. The only time I see the benefit is when I visit my daughter (which is very often!) and she lives on a new estate that is still being built, there is one entrance where the road is not yet finished and all the jcbs and wagons go up and down it so its covered in mud so when I drive on there I get the benefit for all of 2 minutes?
do you put the duster in locked 4x4 when you go down the road or just leave it in auto?

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
do you put the duster in locked 4x4 when you go down the road or just leave it in auto?
Have just left it in auto so far.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Most people don't want to go offroad incase the wheels go out of alignment ;)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
The last two choices in the poll are the same, I choose whichever one meant "got a 4x2 and have not been off road" I knew I would never take a 4x4 off road so didn't buy one :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Offroad and Highlands? Yeah why would they go together hahaha

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The last two choices in the poll are the same, I choose whichever one meant "got a 4x2 and have not been off road" I knew I would never take a 4x4 off road so didn't buy one :)
i know it wont let me edit now people have voted. oh well. the last one was meant to be i have a 4x2 and have not been off road

·
Registered
771 Posts
is your warranty at risk if you go of road and damage the car? they always try to got out of repairing your car for any reason

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I havent really used the 4x4 properly really yet. The only time I see the benefit is when I visit my daughter (which is very often!) and she lives on a new estate that is still being built, there is one entrance where the road is not yet finished and all the jcbs and wagons go up and down it so its covered in mud
Are you saying you're not supposed to use that road but it's the most fun one ;-) Go Eithne!!

Reactions: eithnew

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Are you saying you're not supposed to use that road but it's the most fun one ;-) Go Eithne!!
ha ha Skrich! You can can use it people avoid it as its such a mess, I avoided it in my astra but love it now - bump bump bump, splash!! I keep having to give Buster a right good wash though!

Reactions: skrich

·
Registered
230 Posts
they must expect us to go off road. 4x4 for some of us and sump protectors and slighly highter surpension.

·
Registered
219 Posts
4x4 is always engaged when towing the caravan and it really helps with traction and stability, it is also invaluable for the campsites, also had to use it yesterday when the local road had flooded. It keeps the car as straight as a die

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I have mine in 2WD most of the time but switch to auto in the wet, however the main reason I got the 4WD model is for the winter. We had a lot of snow last year. Just wait and see - we'll probably have no snow this year, but if we do i'll be ready!

Graham

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
i know it wont let me edit now people have voted. oh well. the last one was meant to be i have a 4x2 and have not been off road
Edited for you :)

1 - 20 of 126 Posts