UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Yes, poor by European standards, no airbags and ABS on base models, only a cost option in mid range models, no HRW, no rear wiper, .............

·
Registered
431 Posts
But this is a Renault and not a Dacia so you really can't compare them in one sense. And you can never really measure like for like in different regions as the whole economic situation can be very different. Renault would naturally be considered a step up in Brand to the Dacia even in India. I know, obviously the same car but there will be different specs and prices as directly related to the Country. It's all marketing ...

In one sense I think they thought they were being clever by introducing a very bog standard version hoping people would up grade to the higher spec'd versions thus giving them better profit margins. Which is obvious by the Irish pricing options anyway that this is what I think they were trying to do. However I think they may have underestimated and been taken by surprise about the amount of people who plumbed for the bog standard versions as I did.

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Their equivalent to our Laureate 1.5 dci seems to be very well spec'd
yes and with all the options the price on the forecourt is £14,793.04

... anyone fancy a trip to India and then an overland trek extended test drive??

·
Registered
836 Posts
but if you look at the specs ,a smaller boot , work that one out

uk

Minimum Load Volume (Litres or dm3) 475
Maximum Load Volume (Litres or dm3) 1636

india Trunk Capacity (Litre) 475 & 1064 (with rear seats folded) which is 1539 lts

somewhere on the boat over , we have gained 97 lts ! which is 4 x 25lts barrels .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts