UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because Dacias are inexpensive dos that mean buyers have to accept pathetic offers on your part ex' anyone managed to haggle book price or better?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I part xd a kia caren 09 plate with 64000 on the clock, looking around they were going for between 3500 to 4000 grand. I was willing to accept 2500 to 3000 for it the salesman offered 4500 I nearly broke my neck signing the paperwork before he changed his mind or somebody told him how much they were being sold for

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Blimey we only got offered £300 for our 02 Vectra. Now in all fairness I couldn't be bothered with the whole advertising it, putting up with clowns coming around to look at experience so I let them have it for the £300.

We bought a Sandero and I was glad to see the bck of the Vectra if I am honest!

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
For our 3dr 05 fiesta with 40000 on the clock she offered us £1000. I have to say I wanted to slap her :angry:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've always hated part exchanging a car, especially as I care for them so much and you get offered the same as someone who hasn't.

Fortunately we were in a position to sell privately and sold for about £1k more than they offered.

I've used our local Renault dealership a few times in the past and the part exchange price offered on the Duster was no more shocking than any Renault I've bought.

I'd imagine what may make the part ex price seem worse is that they have no room I adjust prices. For example on a Renault there might be £600 they can knock off, £200 off the car/£400 on to your part ex offer etc.

Any part ex is about the convenience more than value for money I guess.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Got offered £3500 for a 20 month old Renault Twingo with 8k miles.

The cheeky gits had one on the forecourt at £5700 which was over 3 years old and 15k miles. Basically I gave them 2 fingers! sold private. That cost them the servicing of 3 vehicles every year with mot's and 2 new car sales. Not laughing now his old faithful customer ditched them.

Sold car private instead.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Its rare for a part ex to be 'forecourt ready' with a main dealer.

Normally, it needs to be a maximum of 3 years old and lowish mileage and no body damage with 2 keys, alloy wheel locking nuts and some history for them to consider it for their forecourt.

Otherwise, part exchange may be offered to some used car traders they have a relationship to sell the cars onto or they go straight to the auction house, most likely one of the big ones either BCA or Mainheim.

BCA and Mainheim over recent years have become very expensive to buy from and to sell with.

There is little to no money to be made in part exchanges under the current auction charges.

The cars are nearly always set to a reserve of the trade poor or trade average valuation.

Normally they will try and offer for a part ex slightly below or exactly the trade guide value.

£3500 for the Twingo is a little light, and you where right to walk away.

I'm surprised they didn't try and up the offer.

No one should be offered less than £150 for a car without an MOT (general scrap value) or £200-£300 for a car with 6 months or more MOT.

The problem Dacia buyers will face - while the cars are in demand and there is no stock - they can expect to be offered low part ex valuations.

The dealers will perceive you have paid a deposit and don't want to lose it, so will accept a low price.

Its one of the few other ways they can make some money on the deal.

Mini dealerships where notorious for the same practise when minis where in such demand there was a waiting list.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The dealers will continue to tick along nicely as they sell these pcp deals borrowed 9k car worth 4k at end so paying interest on 5k deals for 3 years.

So basically no one ever wants to buy car at end so the cycle continues. Dacia will at some stage have stock and when they do there will be price hikes in advance like the £500 paint so they can discount by £500 etc etc.

Reactions: CFC
1 - 10 of 10 Posts