UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Concerns over possible euro 6 delays and worries over rust are making me have a wobble. Why should I wait for my Duster Laureate Prime and not spend the money on a Ssangyong Rexton or Tivoli instead?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Concerns over possible euro 6 delays and worries over rust are making me have a wobble. Why should I wait for my Duster Laureate Prime and not spend the money on a Ssangyong Rexton or Tivoli instead?
The rust issues are prominently with the earlier Indian built Dusters.

What you prefer to spend your money on is totally your choice, only you can decide what car you buy, so only you can decide if you wish to wait or not.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not helpful! I was hoping people would point me towards reviews saying the Ssangyong was awful!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I posted link about the Tivoli a couple of weeks ago. At first glance it looks nice but it's small and hard to find a decent image of it, some of the photoshop(ing) on images in the link I posted is painful.

Also it's made in India and as some Duster owners will tell you that's not a recommendation.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,

Looking at reviews, the Tivoli is just an average SUV style crossover, competing against the likes of the Nissan Juke and other small hatchback B segment based designs.

The car itself is a bit bland and hasn't got the attractive looks of the Duster, or I doubt, the off road capability!

It should really be compared to the Stepway, rather than the Duster, as more of a soft roader style car.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
You should also consider the Duster has a industry low 3 star ncap rating and that waiting list you mentioned also extends to the spare parts. Also there's a new Duster on the horizon which will effect the used prices of the out going model

·
Registered
98 Posts
You should also consider the Duster has a industry low 3 star ncap rating and that waiting list you mentioned also extends to the spare parts. Also there's a new Duster on the horizon which will effect the used prices of the out going model
You have to read between the lines of the 3 star rating though, as it was marked down for poor pedestrian protection and a lack of electronic stability control at the time of the test...Not for crash performance!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
That's not helpful! I was hoping people would point me towards reviews saying the Ssangyong was awful!
If we were Dacia dealers we might try to convince you that buying a Dacia was the right choice for you... to get a sale and earn commission from your purchase, However most of us on here are Dacia owners, Who have all chose to buy a Dacia for our own reasons.
At the end of the Day the choice of new motor is yours.

But this may help you...
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/recommended/ten-best-4x4s-and-suvs

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
If we were Dacia dealers we might try to convince you that buying a Dacia was the right choice for you... to get a sale and earn commission from your purchase, However most of us on here are Dacia owners, Who have all chose to buy a Dacia for our own reasons.
At the end of the Day the choice of new motor is yours.

But this may help you...
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/recommended/ten-best-4x4s-and-suvs
ive always said "carbuyer" was an excellent reference guide ????????

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hello

Just to reaffirm nightsuperstephen's comments on the 3 star ncap rating, this link brings to to details of the test, on a 2011 vehicle. As he says it was marked down for a number of reasons, and looking at the equipment on the test car, it seems not to have a drivers airbag, and and did not have ESC fitted. http://www.euroncap.com/en/results/dacia/duster/10968

John
Neither of these points is relevant to the UK market as 1) they've always been fitted with airbags here, and 2) ESC is now a legal requirement for all cars in all EU markets, so even the most basic Sandero has it now.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I'd still give it six months and see what/if any rust issues are. The spec on the car is amazing, I spotted not only an hdmi port but 3 12v outputs on the centre console. Add all those buttons on the steering wheel...

·
Registered
173 Posts
On looks alone... I'd take the Duster every day of the week! Don't know if a HDMI port would actually be that useful in a car? Unless you've got your 50 inch full HD in the back somewhere?? Anyway, we are a Dacia family so maybe be slightly biased!

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
It might be hdmi in to play videos or summat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
On looks alone... I'd take the Duster every day of the week! Don't know if a HDMI port would actually be that useful in a car? Unless you've got your 50 inch full HD in the back somewhere?? Anyway, we are a Dacia family so maybe be slightly biased!

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk
The Tivoli looks ok in the flesh! Just getting increasingly concerned with Dacia. Reading issues with people waiting weeks for parts and dealers themselves don't seem to know anything about Euro 6. Apparently they are not even in build yet and dealers don't know when they will be. It's also the way that extras are added on rather than factory built... so how well the parking sensors are fitted depends on a bloke working at Sunderland docks and I suspect he isn't wonderfully motivated or well paid!

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Was going to trade my ruster in for the new Ssangyong Korando, nice drive with a proper powerful diesel engine. Only the ergonomics on the handbrake lever to fault.

But decide to go for a section 75 rejection of the heap instead, and as luck would have it got a promotion and a company car!

·
Registered
26 Posts
can tell you for fact that the Duster drives better than the ssang Yong and is much nicer to use, former father in law has one and I have a Dudter laureate, the duster is much the better car, may not have as many toys but a much better car to drive and be driven in, and mine is a Romanian built car and is absolutely faultless, no rust and not a single rattle or squeak unlike the Ssang Yong which has a few rattles and squeaks

1 - 20 of 70 Posts