UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having finally getting some time to sort things out on the Logan I've got it booked into Evans halshaw to have the headlights looked at as for me they are too low as they don't light up much further than 20ft.
As the dealer about 15 miles away from me and 2 bus journeys to and from and them wanting the car for the full day, and usually not looking at it until last minute meaning I can't get back in time for it I thought I'd try to save myself the problem.
I've found the adjuster hex screws behind the headlamp unit, does anyone know what height they should be at at say 6 or 10ft?
I don't like them as they are, but on the other hand I don't want to blind everyone, would I be better off letting someone who knows what their doing do it?
Failing that if I can't find anyone I'll let Evans halshaw have a go and cross my fingers.
Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
272 Posts
Any garage that has a MOT facility will have a beam setter and now days it is a crucial part of the MOT TESTS. Have them done correctly in 10mins to avoid blinding Your fellow drivers. :-D;-);-)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you reckon they'd just let me use it? I've put a couple of turns on each side and the beams are level still, I haven't tried it in the dark yet.
I'm getting fed up with Evans halshaw needing the car all day for tiny jobs, why it can't be done while you wait is beyond me.
I could use drakes garage in shiptonthorpe as its closer, but getting back from there would probably be worse.

·
Registered
771 Posts
park about 10ft from a wall on level ground headlights on dip they should be about 3ft of the ground. on main beam about 4ft. I have used this method for years and never had an mot failure for the lights being to high or low

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks yfc10 I'll give it a go tonight when its dark and the girls have gone to bed

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I did 2 turns on the Stepway the other week so much better at night on roads with no street lights, before I had about the same 20ft of light.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually wondered if mine had been set the same as a stepway and due to the height difference this was causing the issue.
Hope mines better, I've got a 1 track road I have to go down in a morning and night and I've had to drive it at 20-30 MPH cos I can't see far enough ahead. The thick fog round here hasn't helped much.
If I can put it right it wont be going in on Fri, everytime they over inflate my tyres to 40psi for some reason, and they'd better not go near my car with a drill again either even if it was in 'good will' as they put it. or they can respray the entire tailgate for free this time, I've just spent an entire weekend sorting their mess out.... sorry rant over.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All sorted thank you all, 3 and half turns each side now 100% better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sandero first service this week, dealer checked and adjusted the headlights. Seem a lot higher beam. Not checked at night yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts