UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the beam direction for driving in Europe? I've got a 2015 Logan MCV. We will be on an extended trip, so I don't really want to use stickers for 6 months and I have been quoted €500 to change the whole headlights by a Dacia dealer in France. Just wondering if there is some way of adjusting the left/right beam myself.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the beam direction for driving in Europe? I've got a 2015 Logan MCV. We will be on an extended trip, so I don't really want to use stickers for 6 months and I have been quoted €500 to change the whole headlights by a Dacia dealer in France. Just wondering if there is some way of adjusting the left/right beam myself.
Welcome to the forum, Kath68 !!

I think, in a way, you have answered your own question. If they were 'switchable' would they actually charge you to fit new headlight units !! :eek:

·
Registered
398 Posts
It is the glass lenses that direct the beam, which is why you need to use the stick on lens redirector to adjust the beam. They work very well so I would think no problem to use them for an extended period as long as you get the clear lens redirectors and not the ones that simply block out some of the light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum, Kath68 !!

I think, in a way, you have answered your own question. If they were 'switchable' would they actually charge you to fit new headlight units !! :eek:
Well... probably? More of a profit??!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the glass lenses that direct the beam, which is why you need to use the stick on lens redirector to adjust the beam. They work very well so I would think no problem to use them for an extended period as long as you get the clear lens redirectors and not the ones that simply block out some of the light.
I think the Eurolights are just designed to stop you driving at night 'cos you can't see a thing using those ;)

I've got clear ones which are great, but I was just bothered about the state of the headlamp glass when we try and take them off. Still, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...I was just bothered about the state of the headlamp glass when we try and take them off...
...funny that: I stuck the correct beam deflectors on my Suzuki SX4 headlights for a trip to France about 5 years ago. when I got back they were stuck solid, and I couldn't risk removing them without damaging the plastic lenses...

...the car passed 3 more MOTs with the deflectors still fitted, before I traded it in for the Duster!...

Joe

·
Registered
175 Posts
I travel through France regularly, never used any deflectors. I do carry some though so I could pretend to be forgetful in the event of being pulled. And even if you get fined (doubt you would), cheaper than getting the lights changed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts