UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Stepway to the dealers today to have the headlights adjusted under warranty. Not only did they adjust headlights but also carried out a visual health check and washed and vacuumed the car (which really needed doing with the weather we've had and living in the middle of Dartmoor) They did mention I had non standard bulbs fitted (changed headlight bulbs for Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited and DRL/sidelights for blue bulbs that glow white) Excellent service from Bristol Street Motors, Exeter and a huge improvement in headlight efficiency :D Now having done 1500 miles looking forward to using full rev range (have been keeping under 2500 revs up to now).

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Took my Stepway to the dealers today to have the headlights adjusted under warranty. Not only did they adjust headlights but also carried out a visual health check and washed and vacuumed the car (which really needed doing with the weather we've had and living in the middle of Dartmoor) They did mention I had non standard bulbs fitted (changed headlight bulbs for Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited and DRL/sidelights for blue bulbs that glow white) Excellent service from Bristol Street Motors, Exeter and a huge improvement in headlight efficiency :D Now having done 1500 miles looking forward to using full rev range (have been keeping under 2500 revs up to now).
Its amazing the difference correctly aligned headlights make.... HaHa I got mine adjusted before I changed the bulbs just so they could not dispute the poor alignment.
So I guess you are much happier with your lights now...

1500 miles running in you have been very gentle.... I only done 500 as it says in the book running in mine...

What mpg are you getting from your Steppy?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Driving at max 2500 revs and without eco on getting about 58/59 mpg on a long run and 47/48 mpg on short runs around town. Have found that at 2500 revs can still do nearly 70 mph in fifth gear which for a small engine I think is pretty good :p

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Driving at max 2500 revs and without eco on getting about 58/59 mpg on a long run and 47/48 mpg on short runs around town. Have found that at 2500 revs can still do nearly 70 mph in fifth gear which for a small engine I think is pretty good :p
Wow that's just unbelievable mpg compared to what I am getting from mine....
On long runs I get 37 and round town its down to 31... Which it a huge difference to what you are getting... I have not really been monitoring my rpm but by no means have I been thrashing mine for it to have excessive fuel consumption..
I went on a 300 mile round trip last week, I drove very cautiously with a very light foot, changing gear as per the gear change light with a very disappointing 37mpg.... On the way there I did not use Eco, but I used it on the way back.... but the eco made no difference to the mpg.

Well hopefully the dealer will get to the bottom of my poor mpg tomorrow as it is booked into the workshop for them to have a look to see if they can find what is causing my poor fuel consumption.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope you get it sorted 37 and 31 mpg seems extremely low. Will be interested to see my mpg once I start going above 2500 revs. The 58/59 mpg I got was on a 500 mile run Devon-Northolt-Portsmouth-Oxford- Devon so was a mix of A roads and motorway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts