UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is experiencing poor light output it might be worth checking the car into your dealer.
I got to drive our stepway at night for a reasonable trip for the first time recently and noticed that other cars on the motorway lit up the road further. In a street lit area I didn't notice any difference but on unlit roads it wasn't great.

My dealer Arnold Clark in Stirling has been really good. Car went in, headlight aim was adjusted and it's like driving a different car. Transformed night driving. I'm much happier especially as Lou drive it more at night than me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Car booked in at the dealership for thursday to get lights adjusted, as it's an MOT requirement I didn't fancy fiddling about with it myself.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I took mine in today and they adjusted the head lights, they did say they had been set very low. The drive back home was 100% better. I told them that quite a few people on the forum had the same issue, so they are going to add a head light check to their PDI, to see if it is common.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just back from Arnold Clark in Huddersfield to have the headlights adjusted. The only problem with our Stepway (after 1300 miles) has been poor light output on dipped beam, as NineCherries had found, and as winter has just started this was a bit of a worry.

AC found them out of adjustment, especially on the nearside lamp.

Will have to wait until its dark to see the improvement.

Best Wishes of the Season to All on the Dacia Forum.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Looks like the factory setting is wrong across the board, hope they include a check in 1st service for all Sandero variants and possibly the logans, adjusted and Phillips bulbs the lights on my Sandero are nearly as good as my QQ's HID set up, makes driving safe again at night

·
Registered
15 Posts
If there is a suffient number of headlight adjustment requests made under warranty, it may get Dacia to get it sorted before shipping the cars from the factory.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've noticed this problem on my Logan MCV. Tried using the dash adjuster, but it's still pretty bad. Going to phone the dealer and ask if they can adjust them properly. Going to be an 80 mile round trip to get it sorted though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Indeedy, most of my driving is short, town based driving. Adjusted the lights today using my black garage door as a guide. Pointed the car at the door with the lights in the upper-most position, made a mark where the lights came up to, dropped the aim to the lowest position on the interior adjuster, adjusted the allen screw adjuster under the bonnet for each light to bring them both up to the mark. Turned the interior adjuster back to the normal position and hey presto - great improvement.

Looking at this simple diagram shows the tolerances to which your headlights must fall on dipped beam - where the physical height of the headlamp is up to 850mm above the ground and the height of the beam should be between the green 0.5% to 2% marks. With headlights physically over 850mm above ground (no need to worry on your Stepway!!) it must be between the blue lines:

fjdmqx.jpg

so there is quite a bit of leeway here....

Using the method above, if you find you are dazzling other road users when towing or with a full boot and passengers, you can easily lower the height of the beam using the internal adjuster. Providing you don't go daft and point the beam above the horizontal position (0% line on the diagram) you'll be fine - the internal adjuster on mine gives me just over 3% drop below horizontal in the lowest position which is great news for when I get my towbar sorted!

Oh, I think the internal adjuster may be only fitted to the Laureate model, but I stand corrected if that's not the case - either way, you can still adjust the lights in line with the diagram above or..... get the dealer to do it if you don't feel comfortable :)

The left / right aim on my car was pretty much bang on from the start so it was only the height I needed to change :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Stepway was delivered on 20th Dec and I have no complaints about the setting of my headlights.
They light up the road well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had mine since May and I thought the headlights were poor especially as been driving a bit more in the dark the last month. Then I read this thread and realised it was actually the headlamp aim set too low from the factory, adjusted the height myself (needed 2 turns anti-clockwise on each adjuster) and they are now perfect with no illumination issues. There's actually a little diagram moulded into the black plastic on the top of each headlight that shows which way to adjust them :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got my frontlights adjusted today, wow factor just popped in now, they were totally out of allignment, the guy who adjusted them told me they had a fall of 12% !! Should be 1,2%!! which they are aligned to now , what an improvement in light on the road, now i am verry happy with my ride!

·
Registered
10 Posts
HELP :angry:

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to remove my passenger side head light unit, I was fitting new Philips H4 +150% Racing Vision and the little catch that the spring goes into popped out and (I think) went into the back of the reflector, of course you can't buy the clips separately it comes with the new head light £160+, so any advice would be appreciated.

The parts dept said they would do it for £40 (half hour labour cost) but if I'm wrong and the clip is not down the back of the reflector I'll look a bit of a chump.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,739 Posts
Is it metal? Use a magnet. There are various magnetic pick up tools available including flexible ones if you can't improvise your own.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts