UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While opening the driver's door with the headlights left on, is the headlights-on warning buzzer sufficiently loud? Mine seems very faint (and very short), but then it could be my hearing (too much loudness in my youth...lol). For that matter, the turn signal buzzer is also rather soft. Perhaps brighter dash lights could have helped.

I know I'm going to leave those headlights on at some point. I might need a work-around.

I have only been searching the Duster Electrical so far and using the site's search engine.

I have the built in India version.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Mine is a high pitched triple beep repeating, not loud but noticeable.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - that "sounds" about right. They say that electronics manufacturers all pitch their alarms in this frequency range, but the trouble is that all these alarms are causing dips in our hearing abilities.

Anyway, I just wish my headlights-on alarm sounded as loud as the "passenger seat belt not fastened" alarm, which incidentally, I disconnected. Now if I could just figure out how to route my headlights-on alarm to the "passenger seat belt not fastened" alarm, Bob would be my auntie.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Yes, I'm going to have to quickly get into a habit of always turning off the lights, as I come from a car where all lights go off when the ignition is turned off, plus I'm deaf!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Not like the flatline continuous beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppp.... Of my last car, if you took your seatbelt off while you where parking, then left the lights on, together they sounded something that you'd hear on casualty... Not that I did it on purpose or anything.
Agreed it's too quiet, I usually see the lights before I hear the noise as where we park at work isn't lit up well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have left mine on a few times too.

Supprised you didn't come up with a work around to switch off the lights with the ignition.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Supprised you didn't come up with a work around to switch off the lights with the ignition.
I can think of several instances when I would want to switch on my headlights without the ignition being on. Ex. flashing the headlights and saying "hello beautiful, I'm over here"...lol or aiming the headlights. Anyway, @carbone says it's illegal.

Here's what you'd have to do.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle
You must remove the fuse box, number one in the pic above. From the backside, locate the "ignition on" side of the wire leading to the instrument panel. Locate the hot side of all four headlight fuses and cut those wires. Run a heavy duty patch wire from the "ignition on" side of the instrument panel to each of the four headlight fuses. You cannot expect a 5A to run four 10A appliances. So, you must locate the hot side. Replace fuse box. That is way more effort than my easily reversible mod, not so?

Alternatively, from the front side, you could have the instrument panel fuse "switch on" a relay, but you'd need to run a wire from the battery for sufficient power and build a separate fuse box for the headlights.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think I'm just used to the lights going off when I switch my van off.

I tend to have my lights on all day, we drive through some pretty shady areas and it can get quite gloomy and dark when it rains here, which is a lot!

Guess I could fit DRL's

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
True and LEDs draw less current when running. Some are quite bright, but I need lots of sunshine - all the time. Well, not at night – obviously…lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts