UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like some others the heater fan stopped working on my Duster on 1, 2 and 3 only working on 4.

I took it into the dealer on 6 January to be told that a new fan was needed and would take 10 days to arrive. After 10 days I called and they still did not have a delivery date and suggested calling Renault Customer Service who could escalate the delivery.

They have called back twice so far but still advise that they do not have a delivery date.

In this winter weather this is making driving difficult as the car mists up readily and does not warm up unless the fan is put on 4 which is very noisy.

I cannot believe Renault/Dacia has such a poor spare parts service - or are they having to replace too many fans?

They could fly fans in from the factory in India faster than this.

Does nayone have suggestions on how to get this resolved?

Thanks Jim

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The fan?? Sounds to me like the fan is working fine - it's the resistor pack that determines the voltage supplied to the fan - and thus the speed - that would be my prime suspect. My S-plate Honda Civic has a similar issue, apparently they were bad for this. If it IS the resistor pack, I suspect there are numerous Renault parts available that would be interchangeable.

Of course, if it's still in warranty, you don't want to be messing about with it yourself; the dealer should be - ahem - 'dealing' with it. But I can't help wondering if getting a second opinion from another dealer might be a plan? You're not obliged to use the supplying dealer for aftercare. If it was indeed the resistor pack, I'd like to think it could be resolved relatively simply and quickly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is now nearly 2 months and still no news on the spare part to fix the problem and it seems that others are also having the same problem. How can it take so long to source the part?
This is useless and I will not be getting another Duster, or any Dacia, with such poor service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi - I agree also that it is unlikely to be the fan, as I would have thought that the blower would not be working at all, even on 4, if that was the case. If you have not already done so, I would definately get a second opinion, as otherwise you could be waiting ages for the fan, then have to wait again for the correct parts - I have just waited 5 months for a heater resistor and wiring loom and am hoping that this will correct the problem once and for all.

I believe that since September, right hand drive Dusters are being produced in Romania and not India, allegedly due to quality control issues (notably the rust problem) and that the waiting time for new Dusters has reduced by several weeks (so I am told). I can only hope that this helps speed up the back order process, which I agree, is ridiculous and very frustrating.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi ref heater problem. Take a look at my thread in, "Anti Intruder Automatic Locking System" page 5. It doesn't make for good reading.

BeeJay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts