UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another niggle - on some of the positions (no air con on mine) with blower on - air does not seem to come out passenger side vent to clear side window - really only noticed with recent wet and cold weather.

some does come out when position is set to top and bottom - but not when on demist or demist/floor position

driver side is not the same and air flow comes out

looks like levers not shifting flaps correctly - but wanted to check with others before i take it into garage

cheers for any thoughts or comments

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
another niggle - on some of the positions (no air con on mine) with blower on - air does not seem to come out passenger side vent to clear side window - really only noticed with recent wet and cold weather.

some does come out when position is set to top and bottom - but not when on demist or demist/floor position

driver side is not the same and air flow comes out

looks like levers not shifting flaps correctly - but wanted to check with others before i take it into garage

cheers for any thoughts or comments
read the manual

in there u ll be able to see how the air flow is depending on the setup button

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_HFUgqYuS1JaEpVd1lkdUNKZXc&usp=sharing&tid=0B_HFUgqYuS1JeGxyRFk4dFllcGc

·
Registered
183 Posts
Actually, this is a very small niggle I have..not so much where the air flow is going,no, thats fine, but the operation of the switch is very stiff.You get the feeling its going to break of unless you nurse it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
read the manual

in there u ll be able to see how the air flow is depending on the setup button

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_HFUgqYuS1JaEpVd1lkdUNKZXc&usp=sharing&tid=0B_HFUgqYuS1JeGxyRFk4dFllcGc
it is not a question of me not understanding the little pictures on the airflow position selector - but the fact that no air is coming out the vents that correrspond to the position - so we have demist position and airflow to drivers side window - but no airflow to clear passenger window

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
The Window position blows air up the windscreen, it you want air out of the side vents to need to select the Dashboard position (not the right names but clear enough I think) this has been the way any car I've ever owned works. I have seen vehicles with dedicated demisting vents on either end of the dashboard but since the Duster hasn't got them you need to pick the next best thing.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
The Window position blows air up the windscreen, it you want air out of the side vents to need to select the Dashboard position (not the right names but clear enough I think) this has been the way any car I've ever owned works. I have seen vehicles with dedicated demisting vents on either end of the dashboard but since the Duster hasn't got them you need to pick the next best thing.
dont u have smaller holes on the corners of the dashboard

they are on top of the main holes and they blow air to the side windows

when the setting its on windscreen demist

????????? :huh: :huh: :huh:

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have this problem on my Logan ! and I just played around till I found the best setting Which suited winter I also close off the two middle ones off to give a bit more power to the rest

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dont u have smaller holes on the corners of the dashboard

they are on top of the main holes and they blow air to the side windows

when the setting its on windscreen demist

????????? :huh: :huh: :huh:
did anyone actually read what the problem is - there is no air blowing out of any of the holes to teh passenger side when demist selcted.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Well ! Did you try closing off the two Middle DE-misters ?

and it looks like everyone did read what you wrote and gave a good answer

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
did anyone actually read what the problem is - there is no air blowing out of any of the holes to teh passenger side when demist selcted.
Take it to your dealer and get it checked and fixed, no point going off on one here, it won't solve your problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts