UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi all,

I thought that I'd posted a "Hello" here before when I ordered my Duster back in October but I can't find it! Still, I did have trouble getting logged in to the McDacia forum so probably my own fault.

I should be too old to get excited but I am as I am just off to collect my new Cinnamon Duster 4x4 Laureate diesel from Arnold Clark in Grangemouth. Looking forward to perhaps making the acquaintance of other Dacia drivers in this part of the world and to getting to any meet-ups like those last year which are planned for the future.

All the best to all McDaciaists.

PS you won't mind if i order up a wee bit of snow and ice to try out my 4x4, will you? Just a morning's worth will do fine, it'll be gone by noon, I promise

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
George :wub: wants a snowman :rolleyes:

the M8 was down to 15m visibility last night with blizzards....

here

not a snowflake

Its not fair !!!!!! :D :lol: :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just in time then, GrahamR, How do you find them? Did you just swap over the tyres on your original wheels, or invest in a complete new set of wheels?

I'm a wee bit dubious over the cost/benefit equation of them as the bulk of my winter driving is on good paved roads which are normally well gritted and cleared quite quickly.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Got a bargain second-hand set of wheels and also second-hand tyres (but only two years old still with 7mm tread). Too early to say if there's much difference. Took the opportunity to give my original (summer) wheels a good clean prior to storing for the spring.

Graham

·
Registered
95 Posts
If they are a good quality , you will find a big difference. I have used winter tyres for the last five years and would not dream of not fitting them , I have winter tyres on the wife's Mondy with its 235 profile ski's , and it tackles most conditions . All the best for the new tyres . Des

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
ooooooh like cinnamon...i think its much browner when you see it than u think....

have seen a few on the continent...and really like the colour....and the khaki....and the new black one !

silver not withstanding....obviously !

DM x

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There was a khaki one on display in the showroom when I collected mine. Really nice - nothing like as dark as it looked in the brochure and I may well have considered it seriously had I seen one in the flesh before I ordered.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts